Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #411

Subject: "How to" Previous topic | Next topic
bobbiWed Nov-22-06 08:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How to"

I am rebuilding my business that I have had since 2000 - am in the candle & bath products - I have several questions - I would like to put out some letters to B & B's and Real Estate agents but I have no clue how to go about this...and the other is how to approach high school for fund raisers as well.....any suggestions - thanks

You never know what tomorrow will bring

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: How to
Nov 25th 2006
leg work
Nov 26th 2006

jilliansmillSat Nov-25-06 03:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: How to"
In response to Reply # 0

You need to go to

www.directmatches.com/jilliansmill

You will find everyone you need there to help you, just do a custom search for with your interests and business needs and you will get thousands or people instantly that are a match. It will be your solution. I set my whole business up there, its free try it out.
You have to be sponsored to get in so cut and paste the link. Good luck

MarlinCreekSun Nov-26-06 07:49 PM

#2. "leg work"
In response to Reply # 0

I think the initial approach you mentioned is a good step... and shouldn't be too hard.

For BB's - look in the phone book or do a search for B&B's in the local area. Once you have some phone numbers, simply call them up and explain to them that you supply candle and bath products and that you would like to supply them with some free to try as well as put into the rooms. If you are trying to become a supplier to the B&B, then explain that as well as why they should consider you. If you are wanting to use the B&B as a tool to find other customers (the guests) then explain that.

For real estate agents... I think you'd want to first write a 1 page "letter" explaining how it's great for agents to offer buyers / sellers a gift at closing and how you can supply the agent with either free gift baskets or at least very cheap. In this case, you would be first looking to get the agent's clients as future clients and using the agent as a marketing tool.

You'd have a similar approach to fund raisers... they are looking for free stuff to put up for sale / auction... the return to you is the potential future customers that get to see your stuff on display. In this case, call the main number to the campus (not the district) and explain to the person that answers that you are a local business that would like to donate gift baskets to the next fundraiser. Ask them when that would be and make a point to call back or stop by when the next one gets under way. As a reminder, stop by and drop off a free basket at the front office. It doesn't matter who ends up keeping it... since the goal will be for them to remember to call you when the next fundraiser takes place. If you aren't sure about that process, start asking the neighbors with kids (assuming you don't have any in school) when the next fundraiser is and offer to supply a gift basket. Sometimes the kids need to put something together... maybe for a sports team.

The basic first step is to start talking to people... even if you don't have a letter... just get on the phone or go by and say hello. Be curteous of their time and to the point and at minimum, have a card or flyer that they can keep.

Marlin Creek - Idea Seeds
http://marlincreek.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #411 Previous topic | Next topic