Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4108

Subject: "Healthcare Business idea" Previous topic | Next topic
rieder1973Sun Mar-17-13 10:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Healthcare Business idea"

Hi,
It's been a while since I am looking for a good business idea to implement but i don't know where to begin. However, I am willing to attempt the healthcare industry.
I was taking a shot at the Home Health Agency but I learned that those types of agency are mostly owned by physicians who directed discharge patients to them.
Any business ideas suggestion?
I am a RN and also have background in Accounting.
Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Healthcare Business idea
Jan 05th 2010
Jan 06th 2010
Jan 26th 2010
Jan 31st 2010
Feb 05th 2010
Apr 03rd 2010
Dec 16th 2010
Mar 19th 2011
Oct 27th 2012
Mar 30th 2013

jimkcliftonTue Jan-05-10 12:26 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 0

How about trying to find a few local doctors who will refer patients to you? After gaining some experience in the home health arena, you could branch out and make the business your own?

Make sure to have your own website as well. A great resource and easy side business can be found at www.myhomeoffice.ws.

Good luck and have fun!

Jim
jim@myhomeoffice.ws

hostingdivaWed Jan-06-10 05:53 AM

#2. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 0

If you're still looking for ideas, you may want to talk to the people you work with. You need to look for a "need" that is not currently being met. I'm sure there are many things in the healthcare industry. You just have to pay attention (easier said than done - I know )

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

ritalynn2593Tue Jan-26-10 09:35 AM

#3. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 0

If you are interested in the healthcare industry still then why not use your background as a nurse to provide information regarding the lastest breakthroughs in medical care and the posibilities open to them for various illnesses so when clients are working with their doctor for treatment they can make informed decisions. There is so much information on healthcare for particular illnesses even doctors can't keep up so many people might welcome help in this area. I would recommend the book Finding your perfect work by Paul and Sarah Edwards. It is excellent and will help you come up with some great ideas of your own.

Idea Flusher

PatsySun Jan-31-10 04:29 AM

#4. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun Jan-31-10 04:30 AM by Patsy

Your RN status and background in accounting is a wonderful combination for this type of venture. In 2000, my siblings and I, began a home health care company in northern Florida. The need was (and still is) huge. By 2004 we were in 13 counties and employed around 140 CNA and HHA staffers. Last year we sold this venture. I live in NC and have been tossing around the idea of another venture along the same lines but not as in-depth as the original company ended. Am thinking of specializing more on the lines of dementia or early alzheimer's activity care.

To begin with, you need to develop a good business plan and put your ideas on paper along with detailing financial incoming and outgoing to ensure success. Do you plan to enter the "Nurse Registry" arena? Do you plan to be medicaid and/or medicare certified (medicaid made up for a huge percentage of our revenue). Have you determined your cost per hour or event?

There are so many things to think about in developing a business plan but once you do this -- it will be you bible. Also, in the event you need to raise money, this is a requirement.

I'd be happy to email network with you in your project if you'd like. We could possibly help each other in ideas.

Patsy

patsy.dominick@gmail.com

PastorColarsFri Feb-05-10 11:36 PM

#5. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Its information you have provided here. Health care business is really very good.

johngarringtonSat Apr-03-10 02:13 PM

#6. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Home health agencies were voted as one of the best businesses to start in 2009. There is a high demand for this business due to the baby boomers. Families are choosing to keep their loved ones in the comfort of their homes as long as possible with a higher quality of life. Traditionally the only options were nursing homes and assisted living facilites which was costly. We all know that SOME nursing homes and Assisted living facilities do not provide the best of care which contributes significantly to the declining health of the elderly. i recently started a home care agency about six months ago by geting an excellent start up guide from www.medicalstaffingmanuals.com. My business is doing good and an happy i chose to start this business. It is also emotionally gratifying

nicolehampsonThu Dec-16-10 11:05 PM

#7. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 0

You should try the business that you want because doing the things that you want wont get you bored easily and there's there is no assurance that you would be successful at first try.

Accounting Software Reviews - http://www.softwareshortlist.com/products/accounting_software_reviews.html

fjames1619Sat Mar-19-11 07:55 AM

#8. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 0

You're a nurse with a background in accounting so I would say the perfect business match for you would be medical billing.

Felicia
http://medicalbillingbooks.tripod.com/medicalbillingresources.html

lorikbibbsSat Oct-27-12 08:37 AM

#9. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 8

I agree with Felicia! The link she provided used to go to a website that has a wide selection of the most up to date medical billing business books. For whatever reason the page has been removed by the webmaster and the entire site was redone in 2012. Now it is called The Home Based Medical Billing Business Bookstore for those that are looking for advice on doing medical billing from home as a business venture. If you use the link above just remove everything after tripod.com/

Lori
http://medicalbillingbooks.tripod.com/index.html

ambarindSat Mar-30-13 09:19 PM

#11. "RE: Healthcare Business idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello,

I have a great idea towards integrated healthcare delivery framework. I have developed a software platform to manage various delivery components. The platform is at 90% ready stage. A very good idea that can be en cashed in Indian market scenario. I am looking for a partner who can fund this project and I can offer 15% stake & profit sharing on this project. I need half million USD (0.5 million) to cover the initial costs and complete the pending work. if you are interested kindly feel free to revert. Upon your interests we can discuss the detailed plan.

regards,
A.Bhattacharya

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4108 Previous topic | Next topic