Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #371

Subject: "Children's Birthday Parties" Previous topic | Next topic
callmestiMon Nov-06-06 10:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Children's Birthday Parties"

Would anybody here use this "service"?:

A facility that would have themed pony rides and a petting zoo with miniature animals (goat, pig, donkey, etc.).

It would have picnic tables, themed cakes can be purchased, all paper and plastic-ware provided, and each child would receive something to bring home.

The facility wouild be clean, neat, well-organized, and fun. It would offer alternative covered areas in case of inclement weather where activities could still take place.

Could also be used for school field trips.

This is kind of a marketing poll, to see if there is a good response to the idea.

Please give me ANY feedback!! thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Children's Birthday Parties
Nov 07th 2006
Nov 08th 2006
Nov 10th 2006

MarlinCreekTue Nov-07-06 08:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Children's Birthday Parties"
In response to Reply # 0

Depending upon your area... yes!

The reason I say so is that there is a place north of Houston called Old MacDonald's Farm that is packed during the summer, gets field trips from schools during the off season and looks to make a good business of hosting b-day parties.

Do a search in Google for "Old MacDonald's Farm, Humble tx" and you'll find some reference links.

The keys to this are going to be...
- the animals
- the play areas
- the price

Location is important as long as you are near a large population of families and can get the word to them.

Another thing they do towards the end of their season is to have a "pumpkin patch" that brings in many just for the photo ops.

I don't know if the option to get themed cakes would be much of a driver.

Also, unless you have experience, don't neglect to research the costs in the animal upkeep. Nobody wants to put the kids on a pony that looks like it's about to keel over.

Marlin Creek - Idea Seeds
http://marlincreek.com

callmestiWed Nov-08-06 08:54 AM

#2. "RE: Children's Birthday Parties"
In response to Reply # 1

I've been to OMF several times with my daughter and her school field trips and I actually used to live around the corner from it when I was younger. Fun place.

I live in a good area far enough from OMF, and the weather is typically nice.

I still have a lot of research to do and I am only at the very beginning stages.
There is still a lot of things to think about, but I think the simpler the better. I wouldn't want TOO many animals or TOO much space to keep up with. Like you said, I would want everything to be clean and the animals to be in great condition.

I would have minis in the petting zoo (goats, pigs, donkeys) and only about 4-5 ponies. There would be a small playground and picnic area as well.

It wouldn't be as elaborate as OMF, bc I would not want the responsibility of so much. Just enough to suffice. I would have a fridge, microwave, and washing stations available as well.

Maybe that wouldn't be enough entertainment?? I think it would be.

Thanks for your response!

womenaboutbizFri Nov-10-06 05:58 PM

#3. "RE: Children's Birthday Parties"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Nov-10-06 05:59 PM by womenaboutbiz

I think a themed party event service of this type would be great for children ages 5-10. Children are still in amazement at this age.

Some great marketing ideas would be to develop strategic relationships with public and private schools, little leagues, community papers, churches etc. You could provide discount coupons.

You could also really have fun with it during the various seasons. For example, September-November -hay rides, camp outs etc.

Use highschool and college students if help is needed.

Work with a good marketing strategist and you should do well, as long as your location is easy to get to and attractive to the parents, as well as children.

Here's to your success!

Trina Newby
Founder/CEO
Women About Biz
http://www.womenaboutbiz.com

"If You're A Businesswoman You Belong!"

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #371 Previous topic | Next topic