Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3708

Subject: "Where to use my skills and interests" Previous topic | Next topic
DHarbour60Wed May-13-09 04:09 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Where to use my skills and interests"

My background is in psychology and marketing, I have a great interest in life-long education or what people like to call life skills. I am very passionate about this subject and practice it in my daily life.

Also, I seem to attract people who constantly seek my advice on everything from personal finance to relationships. Why this is so I do not know. My question is I am looking for feedback on how I could possible turn this into a source of income. I was thinking of possible blogging, giving my point of view on various topics mainly based on my own experiences.

I'm really open to what might be possible, I'm sure I could at least supplement my income in some manner. I look forward to some feedback and ideas

DHarbour60

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Where to use my skills and interests
May 15th 2009
May 20th 2009
May 16th 2009
May 18th 2009
May 20th 2009

Steve PatrickFri May-15-09 05:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Where to use my skills and interests"
In response to Reply # 0

With your background and personality, sounds like you should do some research on "Life Coach"

Good Luck,

Steve Patrick

DHarbour60Wed May-20-09 03:42 AM

#4. "RE: Where to use my skills and interests"
In response to Reply # 1

Steve,

Thanks for your comments, you hit it on the head about life coaching. That was the general direction I was heading and getting feedback that confirms my thinking helps a lot. That way I don't get to full of myself and end up doing something that I'm neither qualified for or have an interest in.

Best Regards,

David Harbour

DHarbour60

AntherrySat May-16-09 08:52 AM

#2. "RE: Where to use my skills and interests"
In response to Reply # 0

You can start a free blog at wordpress.com You need to start doing videos on topics and putting them on YouTube.... you'll know if people like your stuff-- if you get enough of a following then you will be able to monetize it.

Set yourself apart and remember that what you are talking about is really a "celebrity" type business-- so you have to conduct yourself like a celebrity-- dress the part.

Before you can make any money you will have to do a lot of "tribe" building and give away a lot of stuff... it is the persistence that pays in this case.

Berry
We offer a platform for graphic designers, photographers, and marketers to build their websites on. If you get offers to do websites but don't know how or can't do it all- we are who to turn to.
Thanks,
Berry

annalaurabrownMon May-18-09 05:12 PM

#3. "RE: Where to use my skills and interests"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes I would certainly go after coaching. I would do some research online about it and I would also ask for some advice off line to see what kinds of coaching you should offer.

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

DHarbour60Wed May-20-09 03:45 AM

#5. "RE: Where to use my skills and interests"
In response to Reply # 2

Berry,

Thanks for your input, I've heard good things about Wordpress and certainly think I could get myself and my skills noticed with a blog.

Best Regards,

David Harbour

DHarbour60

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3708 Previous topic | Next topic