Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3326

Subject: "Video conference system for families living in different countries" Previous topic | Next topic
michael_ntcpSat Jan-03-09 02:37 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Video conference system for families living in different countries"

I have got idea from the situation I am now in. I live in the US while my family is located in Europe. Many times I was thinking that it would be so nice to have a dinner with my parents from time to time. But the problem is that I they are so far away from me, 8 hours to fly across the Atlantic. So here is my idea... There are video conference systems which are widely used in business. Why not to use them to be in touch with parents and relatives living in other countries?

Technically it looks as follows. One of the existing video conference systems is installed in my apartment in the US and in the apartment of my parents in Europe. It must be a big monitor in a living room, video camera and a loud-speaking system that allows you to talk from any place of the room. This will creates an effect of physical presence - you can see and hear your family members all the time while you are in the room. It means that you can chat, have dinner or just spend time together with your family.

There might be expensive or affordable solutions based on one of the existing video conference system and Internet connection. The company that provides this service will specifically market it as a system for people who live away from their families. There also will be delivery and support of this service in different countries and in different languages.

The technology behind this idea is well known and widely used but it mostly targets business/corporate clients. Nobody markets this service at this angle.

One more thought...

I don't want to use a PC to provide this service. There are a lot of systems like that when you use a computer, you can use Skype or any other system, even for free.

The disadvantage of this is that you have to have your computer turned on. But, my mother, for example, doesn't know how to use a computer at all.

My idea is to provide service that will be as simple as TV. You come home, press a button and can see, talk and spend time with your family that is far away from you.

I appreciate your comments and suggestion regarding my idea.

Thank you,

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

kristyblair2Sun Jan-04-09 03:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Video conference system for families living in different countries"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello,

Your on the brink o something. I just went to a meeting to join a telecommunications company that sells these! I will be using them and selling them myself. As a matter of fact donald trump is endorsing this great product, it will be on the Apprentice.

If you are intersted in getting started in this business, let me know.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3326 Previous topic | Next topic