Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3189

Subject: "Help Needed On Cleaning Business" Previous topic | Next topic
denyme852Mon Jan-18-10 09:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Help Needed On Cleaning Business"

Hi everybody,
I?m running cleaning business since last year but I?m not getting expected profits. I want to boost my income in a professional and economical way but unable to think how can I do it. Could anyone help in my matter? I will grateful for you.

Thanks in advance!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business
Nov 10th 2008
Nov 10th 2008
Dec 01st 2008
Feb 10th 2010
Dec 30th 2009
Jan 05th 2010
Jan 05th 2010
Jan 11th 2010
Feb 02nd 2010
Feb 02nd 2010
Feb 07th 2010
Mar 22nd 2010
Dec 16th 2010
Sep 09th 2016

andrewsmithMon Nov-10-08 06:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi, you just need to find out strategy of your competitors and see what they follow for their business OR you can also get help from Internet research. I have searched a source for you called Cleaning Business. It?s an easiest way to learn all about Cleaning Business including office and house cleaning. Try it hope this will help you.
Best of luck!

annalaurabrownMon Nov-10-08 01:28 PM

#2. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

Could you share with us a bit more about what exactly you are doing? The kinds of services etc. Your question is a bit vague and difficult for us to answer.

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

whitelyMon Dec-01-08 11:33 PM

#3. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

hi, I work for a cleaning company in Toronto. I need advice about business office cleaning. I have to help the company to have as much profit, bringing as many customers.i have to find a marketing strategy but do not know exactly which one .any answer will be appreciated.thx. if u wanna visit the site :www.originalcleaning.com

marketingwriterWed Feb-10-10 06:53 AM

#12. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 3

Hi,

I went to your site and I think the marketing messgae you need to develop is hidden on your About Us page. You mention the reason you got into the cleaning business in the first place - a concern for your freind's health. Now take that and create a marketing message around the potential negative health effects a dirty environment can have on employees, family members etc. Remember, there are lots of office cleaning service providers. If you just have your web site offering a 'me-too' sale message , then you will be forced to compete on price. Why? Because that's all the reader has to use to compare you to other services. Start thinking of yourself as being in the GOOD HEALTH business. Sure, you clean offices but the benefit is improved health. You get the attention of potential clients when you point out the downside - lost man hours due to sickness. And, most importantly, you elevate your credibility and are seen by your prospect as someone who is providing them with useful information. See the difference?

Gerry Black
Marketing Writer
PH: 905-716-7130
http://www.marketingwriter.ca for my free report, "The Engagement Factor" - the #1 way to convert web visitors into clients.

GwenWed Dec-30-09 09:53 AM

#4. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

>Hi everybody,
>I?m running cleaning business since last year but I?m not
>getting expected profits. I want to boost my income in a
>professional and economical way but unable to think how can I
>do it. Could anyone help in my matter? I will grateful for
>you.
>
>Thanks in advance!
>

Visit www.MaidDocs.com and read all of the free information under "Informative Articles". When you are done reading everything you should have a good idea of how to increase your cleaning business profits.

Best Wishes!

jimkcliftonTue Jan-05-10 12:31 PM

#5. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

It is very important that you have client testimonials on your website. Maybe even quick videos. People love to hear what others think of you and your services.

If you don't already have a website, go here to get an inexpensive one that can also generate income on the side as well: www.myhomeoffice.ws.

Have fun and good luck!

Jim
jim@myhomeoffice.ws

nightskyTue Jan-05-10 01:28 PM

#6. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 5

Offer what your competitors aren't offering, and offer what they are offering... better. Then, raise your prices accordingly.

If you just offer the same service that they offer and there is no difference... then you will all fight to offer the lowest price and you all will go broke.

I learned from a friend (that I worked for) that people will pay a premium for better service, a better product, and a company that will bend over backwards to take care of the customer. That is what I have done with my business and it works. But, you have to deliver on the product and service. You can't just advertise that you are good.

Jeff S.
Night Sky Murals
Award Winning Murals

www.NightSkyMurals.com (Product)
www.DarkSkyMurals.biz (Business Opportunity)

Featured in...

* The Robb Report's "Luxury Homes" magazine -
* Angies List
* in Affluent
* HGTV's show - "I Want That"

cribexMon Jan-11-10 04:12 AM

#7. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

Where are you located? I know how you can get your business going strong. I need a little more info.

Wayne A Carter
Blast Your Ad For Free
http://All4webs.com/u/v/carterco

GwenTue Feb-02-10 04:17 AM

#9. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

Finding customers and running a cleaning business can be frustrating, and time consuming. There are many challenges which you should understand and be ready to face before you start your own house cleaning business (and to keep it growing.)

Following is professional advice from MaidDocs.com that will help you start your own cleaning business and be successful.

Cleaning Fees to Charge
Research the local market to determine what your competitors charge. You must remain within the local standards, and you can undercut your competition slightly; however, if you charge significantly less than the competition, you may end up with less money and more work than you care for. Your growth must be contained so that you can add employees as you need them without raising prices and thereby losing customers. Also, if you have more jobs than you can handle you may not be servicing the homes well, and this is certainly not good for business. Decide how much you will charge and have your fee estimate calculator ready before your first phone call comes in. We recommend charging by the square feet, condition of the home, and total occupants (humans and pets.)

Logo
A professionally designed logo will help to brand your company in the public's mind. Your logo will be printed on business cards, door knockers, letterhead, car signs, etc., so carefully consider the image you want to present, and then choose artwork which will best reflect that image. Visit www.LogoYes.com to create your own logo for only $99.

Advertising
Newspapers - Advertise in the "services" section of the classified in your local newspapers. Keep it short, and ad your logo if you can afford to. Your ad might read ?Quality housecleaning with integrity. Call ###-#### for a free estimate.?

Yellow Pages - Place an ad in the house cleaning section of your local yellow pages. Research all of your local phone books and notice which ads catch your eye. A good bet is a ?knock-out? ad with at least 2 colors. A ?knock-out? removes the yellow background and leaves a crisp, attention grabbing white field among all the yellow ads. For a lesser cost you may list your company in the yellow pages free listing column with a knock-out and color. Make this ad a minimum of four 4 lines, with color. In addition to the yellow pages books, consider pay-per-click advertising with YellowPages.com. This will assure that your business listing is shown before all of the alphabetized free listings.

Brochures - If you have lots of time but little money, then hand delivering a marketing piece is your most economical option. Your choices are door hangers, brochures or postcards. I suggest that you use either brochures or postcards rather than door hangers, because you can use them as handouts and also as mailing pieces and not have boxes of door hangers which in two months you may not have time to hand deliver. You can develop your own brochure or postcard using Microsoft Publisher, or you can purchase a pre-designed template to print as needed. You can print the pieces on your printer, or have them printed at a local print shop or copy center.

Direct Mail - When your business starts growing and hand delivery is no longer an option, then direct mail postcards are the most economical advertising tool. You?ll need to purchase a mailing list unless you plan to create your own. We have found that DirectoryStore.com has the best prices on Hill Donnelly directories, the most up-to-date and accurate lists available. You can use labels or merge the postcards with your mailing list and have them copied at a local office store or printer with a high speed/high quality copier. Insist on seeing a sample from the copier before you have the job completed. You MUST deliver high quality postcards in order to make the best impression on your prospects. Flimsy paper with lopsided print, ink rubbing off and jagged edges is not the quality which will get you noticed.

Cleaning Forms - Be prepared for business with a sales script you have memorized to perfection; cleaning fee estimate calculator; professionally written fee estimate letters; follow-up letters for quotes not booked; new customer letters stating hourly fees and payment policies; description of services form; customer information sheets for the maids to follow; maid service checklists to leave with customers after each service; customer referral cards; refrigerator magnets; and customer survey forms for every new customer.

Car Signs - Magnetic car signs are a great advertising tool which can be made by a local sign maker for about $25 a set, plus an initial set-up fee. Be certain that your signs fit on both compact and full size cars, and that you use no more than three colors. When designing your signs keep in mind that bold lettering and brief wording works best. Visit FastSigns.com to locate a sign shop near you.

Cleaning Supplies - Purchase cleaning supplies at your local discount center, grocery and dollar stores. Either store or brand name household cleaning products will work, however, compare percentage of the active cleaning ingredients. Consider paying a few cents more for the better brand in order to lessen time spent scrubbing. Avoid products containing bleach as it can cause damage to carpets and counters.

Cleaning Equipment - Commercial grade vacuums will last much longer than home quality. We have found that Royal brand commercial vacuums, crafted with die-cast aluminum, are the lightest and longest lasting available anywhere, and they out clean the competition. Available in several models, Royal Commercial Vacuums come with a lifetime warranty on the motor housing, fan casing and nozzle. Visit www.VacLand.com for the best prices, reputable salespeople and 2 - 5 day nationwide shipping.

Website - Your own website is a luxury that is worth the expense when you can afford it. Be certain to add your website address to all business documents, and to all of your advertising. The website should have an online estimate form and customer testimonials.

Cleaning Employees - When you?re ready to hire employees be certain you have your employment application, employee policies handbook, cleaning procedures manual, warning certificates and all of the appropriate human resources paperwork. With strict policies and procedures to follow, your employees will know that they are working for a professionally run company, and therefore will be less likely to take advantage of you. Also, you will need to keep employee files containing tax paperwork and employment history including a record of verbal and written warnings. If you are not working with an accountant, then contact your local state employment office to obtain the appropriate tax documents for each employee to complete.

Before You Start Cleaning:

Licenses & Insurance - Get your federal tax ID; local & state business licenses; bonding insurance, and liability insurance. When you hire employees you'll need worker's compensation insurance. The Small Business Administration is a great source of information for start-up paperwork and links to informative websites. www.sba.gov/starting_business/startup/guide.html

IRS - The IRS website offers a wealth of information for small businesses. You'll find start-up guides, information on tax credits and business deductions, advice on record keeping and choosing an accounting method, employee tax issues, and more. The most up-to-date tax information is available through the site, as well as forms, publications and instructions for filing taxes. www.irs.gov/businesses/small/index.html

State Tax - State tax information can be found at www.taxadmin.org/fta/link/forms.html , which provides links to the Department of Revenue for every state.

Here's a few other links you should look at:

Cleaning Business Forms and More: www.MaidDocs.com - MaidDocs provides a start up cleaning business package which includes a cleaning fee estimate calculator; lists of resources; a full color tri-fold customizable brochure, and over a dozen customizable forms and customer letters. When you are ready to grow your business there is a complete Employee Package which includes a guide to hiring and managing cleaning business employees, an employee handbook and cleaning procedures manual; performance reviews and warnings. There is also a payroll template and customer database template. With MaidDocs you can start a cleaning business without a franchise, and keep it growing.

Business Law: www.businesslaw.gov - Complying with business laws and regulations can be a burden. To help small businesses overcome this, the Small Business Administration (sba.gov) in cooperation with multiple Federal agencies developed BusinessLaw.gov, an online resource designed to provide legal and regulatory information. Topics covered on this site range from choosing a business structure to hiring an attorney. The site also provides links to federal, state and local agencies.

Employment Law: www.dol.gov/asp/programs/EmpLawGuide - This guide describes the statutes and regulations administered by the Department of Labor (DOL) that affect businesses and workers. The guide is designed mainly for those needing "hands-on" information to develop wage, benefit, safety and health, and nondiscrimination policies for businesses in general industry.

Compliance Laws: www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance - Statutes and regulations administered by the Department of Labor (DOL) that affect businesses and workers.

Copyright © 2004 MaidDocs® ~ All rights reserved.

GwenTue Feb-02-10 04:25 AM

#10. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

If you can answer a few questions for me I may be able to give some personalized advice:

Where are you located? How much do you currently charge? Do you have employees? Where do you purchase your cleaning supplies?

In the meantime, visit MaidDocs.com and look at the "Fee Estimating" documents. The Fee Calulator can help you estimate cleaning fees accurately.

Also, look under the "Business Owners Manual" and click on How to Estimate House Cleaning Fees, this guides you through the process and includes a fee chart.

Under "Customer Letters and Forms" you'll find a Fee Increase Letter which is great to use when increasing your cleaning fees.

kitchenchatterSun Feb-07-10 02:21 PM

#11. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

Actually the cleaning business is a profitable business. The cost of supplies is minimal which leaves mostly profit. Not knowing what you charge or how you bid your jobs and all that you do, it's not easy to say how to increase profits. Are you doing floors? Though materials cost more you can charge more and usually a floor job will go from about .35 to .50 per foot to strip and wax.
You can post this question here and maybe you can get more help.
http://cleaning.infoesource.com/?page_id=66

InfoESource
http://www.infoesource.com

pixelinkMon Mar-22-10 01:03 PM

#13. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 11

It was mentioned above - getting a website for your business. Here is a great deal on getting a cleaning business website. http://www.start-cleaning-business.com/cleaning_business_website.html

I hope it helps put!

nicolehampsonThu Dec-16-10 10:49 PM

#14. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 0

:-) You should do an online marketing. Maybe if you would boost your online site, maybe more customers would visit your site and it would be well known.

Accounting Software Reviews - http://www.softwareshortlist.com/products/accounting_software_reviews.html

enasnasrudinFri Sep-09-16 05:48 PM

#15. "RE: Help Needed On Cleaning Business"
In response to Reply # 14

nice thx for advice, i want to learn step by step
http://www.enasnasrudin.com/

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3189 Previous topic | Next topic