Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3073

Subject: "I want to start an online publishing business" Previous topic | Next topic
DigitalDivaWed Nov-05-08 04:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I want to start an online publishing business"

My strengths are in writing and computer technology and I have a passion for online publishing since I can be quite creative to help businesses that do not know how to market their business online to obtain leads.

I would like to create product reviews, demos and how-to tips to promote business products and also host business pages in an online business directory. I can also send out email coupon promotions via a newsletter for businesses.

Since I have the idea, I have one problem where I am seriously stuck.

#1. I want the site to attract customers by providing useful information customers can really use but I can't seem to come up with the appropriate name for this type of business to promote it to potential customers.
The only thing I can think of is to call it a buyers guide since customers would be interested in coupons or knowing how-to information.. Since I live in Charlotte - I thought of calling it Charlottebuyersguide.com but I'm not sure if this would be appropriate for what I'm trying to do.

I'm just looking for any tips or suggestions on how to position such a business or should I do something totally different to attract customers to the information I will offer. I want to focus on attracting customers first so that it would be a HUGE selling point for businesses to want to do business with me.

Let me know your thoughts.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: I want to start an online publishing business
Nov 07th 2008
Nov 08th 2008
Nov 08th 2008
Nov 30th 2008

jswank02Fri Nov-07-08 05:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#2. "RE: I want to start an online publishing business"
In response to Reply # 0

I would like to touch base with you. I may be able to use your services and help you in return.

Joanna Swank
Marketable Concepts
jswank@marketableconcepts.com
www.marketableconcepts.com

November Sales Special - 99 for 2009 - go to http://www.jswank.com/november.html for these great marketing and business plan deals.

annalaurabrownSat Nov-08-08 06:14 AM

#3. "RE: I want to start an online publishing business"
In response to Reply # 2

This could be more than local so I would stay clear of names with a city or state in them.

How about:

online product reviews
online promotion specialty
internet promotion for you
internet promotion is us

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

PepperfireSat Nov-08-08 07:16 AM

#4. "RE: I want to start an online publishing business"
In response to Reply # 3

I like the name "online product reviews" but I'll bet dollars to doughnuts its taken.

That said...

I would love for someone thinking of creating such a website to answer me this question, since I get invitations to pay all sorts of people to host my business information on their site.

What makes you so valuable to ME that I will pay YOU to list my site when I can pay someone the same money to drive traffic directly to MY site???

Anyone with the right answer to that question gets my traffic dollars. (Assuming they actually drive traffic that is.)

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

bitterxwifeSun Nov-30-08 02:21 PM

#5. "RE: I want to start an online publishing business"
In response to Reply # 0

Why limit yourself to just the Charlotte area?

You can learn A LOT about online business directories over at another site that I visit each day. It's an amazing group of entrepreneurs, and business directories are a frequent topic of conversation.

Here's the link to the site:

http://www.warriorforum.com

When I first found the site, I spent a couple of days reading through the posts, learning as much as I could, and taking notes. Then I let myself loose to post and ask questions. It's been an amazing ride.

Discover How A Mom Of 4 and Total Internet Newbie Quickly Built A $5000+ Per Month Passive Income From Her Blog. http://snipurl.com/6yeoy

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3073 Previous topic | Next topic