Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3059

Subject: "Want to open Children's Boutique" Previous topic | Next topic
rachaelinmaTue Oct-07-08 07:50 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Want to open Children's Boutique"

Hello all! Ok here goes! I want to open a children's clothing store and I was wondering if anyone out there had some experience in this area and could offer me some advice? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Want to open Children's Boutique
Oct 12th 2008
Oct 14th 2008
Oct 17th 2008
Oct 24th 2008

jswank02Sun Oct-12-08 03:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Want to open Children's Boutique"
In response to Reply # 0

The key is to start any business with a business plan. You will need to get capital and there are several ways but all start with a business plan. Then I would go with the plan to the bank and ask for angel investors. Banks often hold money for people who have in to anonymously invest in peoples dream businesses.

Thanks

Joanna Swank
Marketing Consultant
Marketable Concepts
info@jswank.com

Joe ReuthTue Oct-14-08 06:05 AM

#2. "RE: Want to open Children's Boutique"
In response to Reply # 0

My suggestion is to go to Amazon and buy one or two of the books that focus on starting a retail business so that you get a good feel for all that is involved.

Then, once you have read these, determine how you want to market your store. Being able to attract customers cost effectively is key to running a profitable retail business. Knowing where and how to market your store is crucial.

Hope this helps!

Joe Reuth
http://www.retailbusinessowner.com

fitchadvFri Oct-17-08 01:08 PM

#3. "RE: Want to open Children's Boutique"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

I am not sure what your budget is for opening up your children's boutique or if it is going to be strictly online, but there is a company called www.pure-ecommerce.com that can help you set up the entire business if it is online. They will put you in contact with Vendors, set-up and design the site and have you up and running in a couple of weeks.

Hope this helps.

juliarusso11Fri Oct-24-08 03:12 PM

#4. "RE: Want to open Children's Boutique"
In response to Reply # 3

Would you like to hear from someone who opened a store 10 months ago....and closed it this week? You should be aware of the obstacles you can be facing in today's economy.
Check the story in one of my blog posts at:
http://TheSmallBusinessNanny.blogspot.com
Building a business online is my recommendation. I started there, found a great niche, took it from "clicks to bricks" and now back to just online. If all goes well online, you keep more of your profits and aren't factoring huge overhead. If you don't make it in one market, you have many more options at very little investment. Open a retail store and you are stuck with that location, that market, that overhead for years. An internet business gives you flexibility and a multitude of options.
Opening any business, online or otherwise, takes a great deal of due diligence. Check out those retail books but be sure they are currently written to give a perspective on today's economy situation.
Good luck and keep brainstorming!
Jay

http://www.StorkandVeil.com
Celebrating life's greatest events

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3059 Previous topic | Next topic