Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2770

Subject: "Website Review" Previous topic | Next topic
Jimartin1Sat Jul-19-08 02:09 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Website Review"

I would love it if some of you would take a moment to check out my website and give me your thoughts. My shopping card is not active but will be this week and I realize there are a few spelling errors but the developer will fix those. Thanks in advance!

www.golfclubumbrella.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Website Review
Jul 20th 2008
Jul 20th 2008
Jul 21st 2008
Jul 22nd 2008
Jul 22nd 2008
Jul 23rd 2008
Jul 25th 2008
Aug 07th 2008
Aug 13th 2008

hostingdivaSun Jul-20-08 06:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Website Review"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi!

I love the picture on the front but it is way too big and, from my understanding, you're not selling a golf course, correct? You're home page should feature what you're actually selling - preferably someone using what you're actually selling (not leaning up against it). To figure out what you're selling I have to scroll down to the bottom of the page -- that's not the way to get people to buy.

I do like the buy now links everywhere on the page - that's good. Also, the logo at the top is cute.

Hope this helps
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

Jimartin1Sun Jul-20-08 06:02 PM

#2. "RE: Website Review"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the feedback, I agree - that picture on the front is a bit large I plan on shrinking it 15% or so which would make everything look better. Big help, thanks!!!

annalaurabrownMon Jul-21-08 12:24 PM

#3. "RE: Website Review"
In response to Reply # 2

I think it looks very nice. The layout is appealing and attractive.

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

MRose902Tue Jul-22-08 01:55 AM

#4. "RE: Website Review"
In response to Reply # 1
Tue Jul-22-08 01:55 AM by MRose902

I agree that the layout is comfortable. I noticed the price you have is set at $10. I'm assuming this price is there as a placeholder for when you get your shopping cart working. You can get away with charging a lot more for this product. It's going to be purchased mostly as a gift or from one of the pro shops by a golfer. In either case, your audience is already prepared to spend a fair amount on such a product. I think you have a great idea. Best of luck.

Matt
www.dmerch.com
Raising diabetes awareness

Jimartin1Tue Jul-22-08 11:17 AM

#5. "RE: Website Review"
In response to Reply # 4

Thank you for the feedback. The actual price is 32.98 and will be updated and the cart starts work. Hopefully this week! Thanks!

PepperfireWed Jul-23-08 07:02 AM

#6. "RE: Website Review"
In response to Reply # 5

As a marketing note...

At $32.98, it seems to me that you're starting on the low end of the price scale.

Are these umbrellas only available through your site (In other words, are they unique from you or are you a reseller?). If they are, then you could probably get away with $49.99 for them...

Being one of a kind gives the umbrella more value than a typical golf umbrella.

The site looks great... I would move the golf course image to the bottom of the page; like an anchor, then the size wouldn't hurt.

As for the page, Where am I, what can I do here, what's the point... all three questions answered beautifully, and simply. Good luck with it, I hope you do well.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Jimartin1Fri Jul-25-08 10:35 AM

#7. "RE: Website Review"
In response to Reply # 6

Thanks for the feedback, I've taken your advice and asked for a higher price ... $34.95, not a huge increase but I feel a good starting point.

We go live next week - I'll keep everyone posted!

-Jim

kkrie616Thu Aug-07-08 08:57 PM

#8. "RE: Website Review"
In response to Reply # 0

The image on top is way too big; when I first open up the site in 3 seconds or less I should know what you are selling or what the site is about. When I open your site I have no idea what you are selling.

The top buttons are not search engine friendly, you are using images with text embedded inside. You should be using a pure CSS layout and comply with the latest CSS standards; this will ensure good positioning with the search engines.

I noticed you have no Meta data in the code or alt tags on the photos; probably because you are in the early stages of development.

I really like the colors, photos and the concept. You should investigate using a better shopping cart that will give the consumer confidence in buying from your site.

Kevin
Business Xposure
www.businessxposure.com

acousticgroupieWed Aug-13-08 01:46 PM

#9. "RE: Website Review"
In response to Reply # 0

I love the design. I just think you need more content on the main page. I need to know what it is and why I need it:)

http://www.creativelyselfemployed.com
http://www.ramenrentresumes.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2770 Previous topic | Next topic