Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2622

Subject: "Vehicle Service Concierge Svc" Previous topic | Next topic
MVSThu Jun-19-08 03:52 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Vehicle Service Concierge Svc"

I am inviting opinions and critiques

The Readers Digest story is this:

I have been in the high end automotive industry since 1985. I have personally worked in most every position there is with exception to outright car sales ( a few will argue that the estimates I have provided for repairs is a new car sales pitch itself ) starting with Volvo, BMW, Porsche, Audi, MB, etc. People who know me know that I am an " outside the box" thinker and make things happen in order to exceed the clients needs. Through word of mouth I have been getting more and more personal request to help with their vehicles.

For the past several years I have been working with more and more clients that have less time but the money to drive the nicer vehicles that their lifestyles allow. I am being asked more often if I could assist in getting a car from point A to B ( Home to Dealership ) and back again. In this I am also asked to oversee the actual work that needs to be performed, look into estimates for other repairs or performance upgrades, etc. I have been asked to personally QC the repairs before having the car taken back to the client ( making sure its fixed right the first time ) I have even been asked if I could assist in locating a car that a client wanted to purchase. Since I already have contacts at most if not all of the local dealerships and several of the independent speed shops, body shops, tires / wheels, etc. I can help fast track a car through the process.

What I am putting together is a service to offer my 22+ years experience, my "find a way to say yes" attitude, and ability to provide the highest level of personal service when it comes to your vehicle needs. A client would only have to contact me for their vehicle needs. I would keep the client up to date on actual services needed per their driving style and ownership needs ( I cut through the unnecessary up sells , over priced repairs, etc ). I would make monthly +/- visits to do " walk around " style inspections of the car, checking for things the owner may not even know are needed. I bring a lot to the table for those that know me and my experience. Those that do not know me may be referred by those that do, to help bridge the gap.

There are numerous other personal services (vehicle related ) that I am planning on offering. I would be happy to share more information as needed if requested.

BTW - I have secured the web address, DBA, EIN, and have a professional writer putting together a BIO on me for release. I now have over a hundred interested clients with more for the asking, but I want to keep it rather limited ( less than 200 cars for now ) and I have a hard quote on the insurance policy I will need to cover myself / biz / clients interest.

Question that I am looking for input on:

What points do I need to make sure I have covered before making the jump full time?

What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for your input!

Steve

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Vehicle Service Concierge Svc
Jun 20th 2008
Jun 20th 2008
Jun 20th 2008
Jun 23rd 2008

PepperfireFri Jun-20-08 03:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Vehicle Service Concierge Svc"
In response to Reply # 0

It sounds like you've thought it through.

From where I sit, you seem to be missing only two things...

A mission/vision statement.

A business plan.

If you already have these but just didn't mention them, then you may be good to go.

If you will be working from home for the first time, you might want to sit down with a small business counsellor and see what you need to know about tax claims, etc. and how to set up your home office for maximum benefit.

Others will chime in with their thoughts, but at quick glance, those are mine...

Good luck with it.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

JETBrokerFri Jun-20-08 05:43 AM

#2. "RE: Vehicle Service Concierge Svc"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Jun-20-08 05:50 AM by JETBroker

Over 65% of new businesses don't make it past the 5th year. If you are looking to control your own destiny and cut the risks of starting a business, consider buying a successful business that is already operating.

Jack Teasdale
Sunbelt
"The place to go to buy or sell a business."
248-787-4526

selah29Fri Jun-20-08 06:30 AM

#3. "RE: Vehicle Service Concierge Svc"
In response to Reply # 0

Steve,

The concept that you have thought of sounds pretty good. If you are already having clients that are interested in your services then it sounds like you have pretty much what you need. Only other thing that you might need is an organizer.

You thought about getting thier car detailed in the process. It could serve you well as a nice little up charge as long as your insurance would cover it.

Much Success,

Chico
Earn 1% **DAILY** Return On Money
?The most powerful force in the universe is compound interest?
-Albert Einstein
http://asdmarketing.110mb.com

MVSMon Jun-23-08 01:48 PM

#4. "RE: Vehicle Service Concierge Svc"
In response to Reply # 3

Thank you for your replies.

While I do have a biz plan, it is over a year old, one that I put together as the inital idea of this came to me. I will update it this week!

Steve

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2622 Previous topic | Next topic