Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #261

Subject: "Bookkepping" Previous topic | Next topic
mlynngibson1972Tue Oct-17-06 01:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Bookkepping"

Is there a need for bookkepping services.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Bookkepping
Oct 18th 2006
Oct 18th 2006
Nov 05th 2006
Nov 05th 2006

wwcap1Wed Oct-18-06 08:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Bookkepping"
In response to Reply # 0

Not much any more, most people use bookkeeping services instead (smile). In reality quick books has taken over the world.

Kent Capener
Capener Consulting, LLC
http://www.capenerconsulting.com

PepperfireWed Oct-18-06 10:39 AM

#2. "RE: Bookkepping"
In response to Reply # 1

Quickbooks only takes over the world long enough for some people to realize that it doesn't work in their business, then they call the bookkeeper.

We use Excel and an accountant (Quickbooks was more of a headache than a helpmeet.)

T

AdlavrinelSun Nov-05-06 05:31 AM

#3. "RE: Bookkepping"
In response to Reply # 0

There is a need for bookkeeping service a lot of people want to do their own books and when they realize that they have no clue what to put where then they call a bookkeeper or accountant. If you are going to do this as a service then you should consider adding other services like daily money management. Typing would be another good one to add and tax consultations and preparation. You can make this work with a little creativity and think outside the box for ways to make your service a niche. Good luck.

BelieveTBPSun Nov-05-06 12:11 PM

#4. "RE: Bookkepping"
In response to Reply # 0

I can tell you definitely there is a need for bookkeepers. I do this as a part-time business myself. I have accounts that are older that 10 years. I found that one usually leads to the next (word or mouth). I've turned down manys just because of no time, after all I do have a full time job also. I'm an accounting database analyst. They find out I can write an accounting database and then I'm hired to write membership and payment databases etc.

Watch your local papers, find the ads for part-time bookkeepers. Non-profits always need part-time honest people for this. They have board of directors that can network you into other businesses once you have proven yourself worthy of trust.

I work currently 3 part-time bookkeeping jobs and 1 waiting for me. I do most of the work at home. My full time job is also a work at home position for the state (not the one I live in). I don't need the extra jobs but it gives me the extra to have a nice car and max out my 401 at my full time job.

So as you can see, bookkeeping is alive and well. I think even when I retire (someday) I'll still have a part-time bookkeeping job.

Good luck!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #261 Previous topic | Next topic