Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2609

Subject: "Exercise & meal club idea" Previous topic | Next topic
acbrownTue Jun-17-08 06:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Exercise & meal club idea"

I have an idea that I think is so brilliant I can't believe I can't find this out there already, and I need some feedback! I have been thinking of opening a small fitness club offering only fun group classes like spinning, pilates, etc. I was trying to think of a value added service that could be done during the class, and I thought meal prep is perfect. Before the class starts, have a list of 2-3 healthy options that can be cooked during the class so when the customer finishes the class they have a healthy dinner ready to take home and eat, or reheat for later. There would also be a kids room with fun fitness activities that would be more than just babysitting.

It seems like the perfect facility for the busy mom to go and work out, have her kids get a healthy hour of fun, and get dinner cooked at the same time. Feedback?

Other ideas of a service that could be provided during the workout hour to make someone's life a little easier?

Alyssa

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Exercise & meal club idea
Jun 18th 2008
Jun 18th 2008
Jul 03rd 2008
Jul 04th 2008
Jul 04th 2008

PepperfireWed Jun-18-08 05:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Exercise & meal club idea"
In response to Reply # 0

My druthers... include a pool, sauna and whirlpool. But that's me.

Do you intend to keep it for women with kids only? Iow, will the kids be in the changing rooms? One of the things I find most annoying about public gyms where kids are allowed is when women bring their little boys into the change room. I have no qualms about dressing/changing in the same room with my own family members, or other women... but add a little boy to the mix and it is unfairly very uncomfortable. To remedy that, I prefer facilities that have "family" change rooms for such mothers and make them use it.

I like the idea of the meals prepped for after the workout. I usually come out of a workout famished... My friend who I used to work out with regularly, preferred to eat prior to working out though. So, perhaps simply having a healthy choice cantina on site is a better idea?

Oh and only one other suggestion... build it in MY town?

Good luck with it.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

PalkiaWed Jun-18-08 09:25 AM

#2. "RE: Exercise & meal club idea"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Jun-18-08 09:27 AM by Palkia

And after morning classes, a protein shake.

Raffle off a 15 min post class massage each week. The kind of massage where you sit in a chair and someone massages your traps and upper back.

bizdevThu Jul-03-08 05:45 PM

#3. "RE: Exercise & meal club idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Intersting concept, but probably a lot more complicated than you might think.

If you're talking about actually cooking food on the premises for sale, you've got to set up a whole kitchen and then have to worry about sanitation issues. You have health regulations and inspections to deal with. And what about the safety issues? You plan to have children running around too?

It seems like you may be trying to incorporate too many ideas into one facility.

Sylvia
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz
Startup & Biz Plan Help
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz/blog

jabFri Jul-04-08 03:25 AM

#4. "RE: Exercise & meal club idea"
In response to Reply # 0

I love your idea. There is a huge need for this, you fill the need. This is in demand. The fitness aspect as well as the convenience of the meal...both HUGE needs in our busy world.

I'd like suggest a full 100% complete meal replacement shake in many flavors. This would be so much easier than shopping for, preparing the meals, satisfying individual likes and dislikes...

The one I'm suggesting can't be bought in stores, so it's also unique.

I know of one that would meet your needs perfectly, and it's part of a weight/fitness system that would ensure that it wouldn't conflict with the goals and philosophy of your club.

I'll send you a private email to elaborate more.

jab

annalaurabrownFri Jul-04-08 10:13 AM

#5. "RE: Exercise & meal club idea"
In response to Reply # 4

I think this sounds great but just like has already been said. I would limit the food part to only one kind of food like shakes or what about offering the recipies but not the food itself?

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2609 Previous topic | Next topic