Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2574

Subject: "Suggestions for my website" Previous topic | Next topic
jabFri Jun-06-08 12:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Suggestions for my website"

Wow, I've enjoyed reading all the great insight for other ideas, and I decided I'd ask for your input for me as well.

This may be a bit confusing, but I'll try to be brief. I am an independant associate with a global science/research company that provides cutting edge wellness products.

Beginning next month (July) there are going to be major educational segments regarding these technologies on PBS, Voice of America, CNN, etc, and I have become trained and certified to be qualified to help people that want more information as a result of these segments. People will call the education group from the television piece, if the person then wants further info and wants to talk to a qualified rep, the education group will then send that contact info onto me or one of the other reps. In an effort to have a site that introduces myself and connects me to this technology, I created this website. www.positivelifechoices.info

Note: the education group that is educating the public through these television segments and the company I am an associate with are not connected in any way.

I cannot represent my company on this site or sell products on this site, but I can offer info on these latest wellness technologies and introduce myself and my free services as a wellness consultant.

Linking people and introducing any products I represent will be done off of this site, should the person be interested in particular products.

I hope I made this clear. I know it's confusing but you may know already there are strict compliance issues regarding supplementation that I am very concientious about adhering to.

Is this site appealing? Does it seem professional enough? Am I too wordy here? How do I get it so that it would come up on a search engine for those looking for scientifically validated nutrition technology, specifically these technologies, after viewing the television segments?

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

jab

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Suggestions for my website
Jun 20th 2008
Jun 25th 2008
Jun 26th 2008

tettegoucheFri Jun-20-08 07:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Suggestions for my website"
In response to Reply # 0

Wow! That is very eye-appealing. To come up on a search engine, you need to enter meta-tags. If you have a webdesigner, they can help you with that. Otherwise you can find help at www.DylanDesignLab.com They can tweak your site (add metatags, make sure your site loads fast etc.) for a very low price.

PepperfireWed Jun-25-08 04:51 AM

#2. "RE: Suggestions for my website"
In response to Reply # 0

My first thought is that you're selling Melaleuca. Having looked at your site, now I'm not so sure. Anyway... here are my thoughts.

My first thoughts: In your text on the landing page, when you mention the link... link it. If you underline something in your text... it should be a link, it's what is expected. If it is a link... underline it.

The links on your page that take me to another site, I find rather odd. you should find a way to embed what you can into your website, using someone else's bandwidth drives your customers off of your site and the second they're off... they're gone and human nature being what it is, when you send them away, they're not coming back.

Finally... What are you selling and what am I contacting you to find out more about. It's not clear. I don't quite understand the point of your website.

I understand that there are tricky marketing issues for some companies, but what you MAY NOT be aware of, is that if you clear your marketing pieces through your company prior to putting them up, you will be allowed to be a little more forthright about what you are selling.

Good luck with it and I HTH

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

voddiesThu Jun-26-08 06:38 AM

#3. "RE: Suggestions for my website"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Jab.

I have to agree about the links. It causes confusion. Either make them links or remove the underlining.

Statistically people dont read websites, they scan them. And ... it takes up to 25% longer to read / scan on a computer screen. Maybe you could change your font to a more readable font like verdana or helvetica.

As for search engines, there is a whole lot you need to know to be able to attack that beast. There is a whole industry about it ... called SEO (search engine optimisation).

I have also just started a website about the health benefits of Green Tea, but I have been using a product called Site Build It! which is a tool that emcompases everything you need to build a successful site and business.

If you want to have a look at my Green Tea site for some ideas the URL is:

http://www.green-tea-health-benefits-exposed.com

I really think that as an informational site, Site Build It! may be able to help you, especially by removing any of the technical barriers that us web site builder newbies could experience.

My About Me page describes how I have been using SBI to create my site, and my recent Alexa ranking of being in the top 700 000 websites. Not bad for less than 2 months.

Please dont hesitate in contacting me if you need any other information or help. I would love to help you out.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2574 Previous topic | Next topic