Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2276

Subject: "Two completely different business ideas" Previous topic | Next topic
SmoodgeSat Mar-22-08 02:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Two completely different business ideas"

Hello,
I have been on here before. I am studying at the moment, but about 15 months ago I tried to start an eBay business, which fizzled. You live and learn I guess.
I think I have decided that my business ventures need to be in addition to my university studies, and that I don't rely on them to survive.
I have been searching the Idea Cafe, and the internet for information about two new ideas that I have come up with. I am either not looking in the right place, or the right information is not on the internet. That's why I am asking you on Cyberschmooze.
IDEA NUMBER ONE:
The first idea I think about quite a lot, but I really don't know how to implement it. I want to raise money for charity, but I am interested in a lot of charities. As I mentioned I am student, and I am not in a position to actually donate a lot of money but I feel I can help by fundraising and raising awareness, etc. Even if I give $5 to each charity I identify with (if you will) I will still run out of cash pretty damn quickly! Does anyone have any advice about how to start a non-profit organisation. I am not at all interested in making money from this venture. It would be more like a social club that raises money for certain charities.
IDEA NUMBER TWO
As part of my university studies to become a teacher, I have learnt about portfolios where teachers store examples of student work. I have seen some of these portfolios. Some look OK, but others look less than impressive (stored in scrapbooks, or manila folders). I really don't blame teachers for the way these portfolios looks. They are incredibly busy people and haven't got time to make things pretty.
I have also been taught about creating an electronic portfolio to put with my resume, for when I actually do go and apply for jobs.
My idea is to create electronic student portfolios for schools, that the schools can add to. Alternatively, I can add the appropriate information to the portfolio.
Either way, I would make this portfolio for any kids I teach. It is just an extension of what I would do in my own classroom.
Can anyone help me with either idea?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Two completely different business ideas
Mar 24th 2008
Apr 01st 2008
Jul 12th 2017

sjd314Mon Mar-24-08 05:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Two completely different business ideas"
In response to Reply # 0

Idea #1
Research setting up a 501c3. This is what makes a charity non-profit.

Idea #2
I am a princiapl. I think the portfolio idea is great. I have seen some great portfolios and some terrible ones and they do make a difference hiring.

Sara

jswank02Tue Apr-01-08 09:19 AM

#2. "RE: Two completely different business ideas"
In response to Reply # 0

The non profit is easy to set up. If you tell me which state your are in I can send you the link.

In regards to the business idea #2. Its great. I have a free marketing plan offer going on and I had 3 people drop out. Your business is unique. Send me an e-mail and we can talk.

info@jswank.com
Joanna Swank

LaurenDesouzaWed Jul-12-17 10:45 PM

#3. "RE: Two completely different business ideas"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks for giving two totally different business ideas with us and I really liked your idea of create electronic student portfolios for schools. And I would love to share it with educators who are currently employed as CV writing experts at CV Folks - https://www.cvfolks.co.uk and have some memories of teaching students in their past. I also liked your spirit and journey of being teacher from the university teacher.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2276 Previous topic | Next topic