Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2174

Subject: "So this was another idea I was thinking of..." Previous topic | Next topic
eshields1014Thu Mar-06-08 07:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"So this was another idea I was thinking of..."
Thu Mar-06-08 07:13 AM by eshields1014

You know how they have those candle light parties and such. I was thinking about having something of the same nature where you could either maybe bring your dogs or..not...and we have a party like they do for candles but with dog treats and accessories...where we can talk about our pets, share stories experinces and give advice?? I can hold them in my home or I can tell customers they can hold them in there home??

What does everyone think of this idea (keep in mind its still in the working stage it was just a thought that popped into my head)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: So this was another idea I was thinking of...
Mar 06th 2008
Mar 06th 2008
Mar 10th 2008
Mar 10th 2008
Apr 22nd 2008

lilly4Thu Mar-06-08 07:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: So this was another idea I was thinking of..."
In response to Reply # 0

Well, I like the product idea, but not sure about people bringing their dogs with them.
I picture a room full of dogs who are all in an unfamiliar environment, don't know each other - could be risky since you never know what a dog is going to do to another dog (or person, for that matter). Yes, dog parks are all about different dogs among each other, but it's different than being inside a house and maybe feeling trapped and "confrontational".

Good idea with treats and accessories, though!
Very unique ~ I've never heard of a home party with that type of product, so I bet there isn't much competition in that area.

Good luck!

eshields1014Thu Mar-06-08 08:00 AM

#2. "RE: So this was another idea I was thinking of..."
In response to Reply # 1

yeah i figured the dog idea was out but thought that the party idea would be something to look into and expand with...so ill add it to my list!

babyjoy214Mon Mar-10-08 04:23 AM

#3. "RE: So this was another idea I was thinking of..."
In response to Reply # 0

I was just wondering, is it safe for you to invite people you don't know in your own home or demand for them to have a party at their home? I think the idea of a party or a get-together is fine, but I'm not sure if home is the place for the venue, you can book a small restaurant or bar, or maybe have it in a park, bringing of pets might be a little off, they might just cause a mess, or rather you set up a cage for each and hold a show. Goodluck!

eshields1014Mon Mar-10-08 06:08 AM

#4. "RE: So this was another idea I was thinking of..."
In response to Reply # 3

Is it safe for there to be a party at my home because my boyfriend would be there as well as my partner...But they have candle lite parties the same way so I see it as not a problem to have in my home or there home. I am not demanding anyone have a party so i have no idea where you got that from. I also would not be having the animals come. And to have a party hosted cost $$ if you can avoid the cost of anything i will

nightskyTue Apr-22-08 10:17 AM

#5. "RE: So this was another idea I was thinking of..."
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Apr-22-08 10:17 AM by nightsky

I am a little late to this party... but as I was reading through the posts here... I had an idea (I get them every once in a while).

You are talking about parties... and whether to have them in your home or the customers. I would say to have them in your customers. HEre's why. I am not sure how large your city is... but the customer will probably be inviting their friends, who live close to where they do... or at least already know where they live. It is also more comfortable for people to go to a friends house than to go to some stranger's house. I think that you would have better success by doing the parties at your customer's house.

You can offer your customer a percentage of what you take in... in dog treats.

Anyway... it's just what came to mind as I read these posts. Good Luck!

Jeff
www.NightSkyMurals.com
(Dealerships Available)

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2174 Previous topic | Next topic