Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2098

Subject: "What to do and how to do it?" Previous topic | Next topic
beckybeeThu Feb-21-08 07:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What to do and how to do it?"

I know I have a home business or small business in me, but I don't know where to start. I have these dreams of a quaint little homewares shop, but then I think "there are so many already - yours would be no differnt". I also am interested in budgeting and housekeeping/organizing, but I'm not sure where the jumping off point would be for those. Just because I'm INTERESTED in those things and do them at home, doesn't mean I'm GOOD at them. I can't think of anything original in those fields. Do others have this issue too?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: What to do and how to do it?
Feb 23rd 2008
Feb 23rd 2008
Mar 01st 2008
Mar 04th 2008
May 11th 2017

rajSat Feb-23-08 08:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: What to do and how to do it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes....I have that issue as well. You just have to read about it.

rajesh rungta

bizdevSat Feb-23-08 10:30 AM

#2. "RE: What to do and how to do it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Oh, you bet others have this issue! I have owned different types of businesses and I finally came to the realization that is the actual starting up of the business that I enjoyed most. I actually enjoy creating business plans! I like researching new businesses. I love helping others with their business ideas. So, I created a business around business startups!

It's not always clear or obvious what you should be doing. Sometimes it takes some trial and error. So start small. Don't even attemp a full scale retail operation when you're not quite sure if that's what you want to do. It is difficult enough to launch a new business, you don't want to get stuck with something you don't love.

Peek through my site (below). Maybe some of the ideas there will spark some interest.

Sylvia
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz/
Small Biz Startup & Biz Plan Help
NEW SMALL BIZ BLOG!

hcdjlj7Sat Mar-01-08 02:12 PM

#3. "RE: What to do and how to do it?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello,
Yes I have similar concerns about my ideas. Guess what ... No one said you had to reinvent the wheel to be different. It will be different because no two people are alike and your unique personality will bring the difference to the sale not the item.

As for budgeting and organizing maybe get your feet wet by volunteering to teach at places like the YMCA/YWCA,or local youth centers, and or your local welfare department. That way you can get a taste of the reception and questions you might get without commiting your life savings and you can decide if that avenue will take you where you want to go.
Holly

babyjoy214Tue Mar-04-08 07:54 AM

#4. "RE: What to do and how to do it?"
In response to Reply # 0

hi!

For me the only trouble your in is deciding if it is a go or not.. Please don't mind other people, If it's in your heart the idea, the strive and the want, then everything will set into place... it also depends on how interested you are really with what you do that brings success..

Goodluck!!

-Joy

PepperfireThu May-11-17 03:13 PM

#5. "RE: What to do and how to do it?"
In response to Reply # 0

"Do others have this issue too?"

They must.

I think that one of the most difficult things to do when trying to find a niche for yourself is pinpointing what you want to do especially if you have this underlying niggling fear; "what if I'm not good enough at this for other people".

They say that behind your biggest fear, is your greatest treasure... I believe that is true.

Perhaps you just need to get past your fear and realize that your "skill" or "talent" really is good enough.

Perhaps you aren't quite convinced that THIS is what you want to do, but know that you want to do something in this area.

That's easy advice... Visit your local business development center and get yourself an interview with their small business coach. Before you do anything else, you need to define your own Mission/Vision statement. Once that is clear in your mind, the business itself, whatever that happens to be, becomes secondary because whatever you do, will follow that road map.

You can get some information and advice about Mission/Vision statements here at IC: https://www.businessownersideacafe.com/fridge/forms/mission.html

Good luck

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2098 Previous topic | Next topic