Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1973

Subject: "Biz Idea "Start a Web Design Business"" Previous topic | Next topic
vwdThu Jan-03-08 08:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Biz Idea "Start a Web Design Business""

Hello,

This isn't really about starting a web design business I have a semi-successful business already. The goal is to get it to the next level and one aspect is to get affiliates for the business.

In your mind, what would make you want to be an affiliate of a web design business. In other words, the business would offer to pay you a percentage just for getting them business.

What would be a great fee structure for you for a website. A percentage of the total package perhaps.

Let me know what would get you the affiliate out there selling websites. With billions upon billions of websites out there and more on a daily basis, this should be a great affiliate business versus selling ebook affiliate sites and the like.

V/R,
Donnie
VeteranWebDesign.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

justsomeoneFri Jan-04-08 12:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Biz Idea "Start a Web Design Business""
In response to Reply # 0

There are two kinds of affiliates. The hands off ones, who just want to generate leads, take a cut and walk away; and those who are looking for something to integrate into a business which they are growing.

My advice is to steer clear of the first group. They will do anything they can to get the sale, possibly overcommitting on your behalf, and leaving you with the mess. They could well also be the ones who will bug you for more support in generating a handful of sales, and bad mouth you if they are ultimately unable to sell your services.

If you can find the minority of affiliates where their services complement yours, and you both promote each other, this is the best win win.

For instance, I do a lot of back-end ecommerce work. Building the mechanics of interactive sites. I'm not the most graphically talented person in the world. It makes sense for me to partner with web design agencies who can deliver a killer front end, while I work on ensuring that the mechanics of the thing are exactly what the customer needs. Whichever one of us the customer approaches, we can both offer a complete service.

Jack
mrjhealy@gmail.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1973 Previous topic | Next topic