Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #180

Subject: "Honest Opinion" Previous topic | Next topic
Mike63Sat Sep-23-06 08:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Honest Opinion"

Hello again everyone, Luv the new formatt. I would like to receive some good old fashion critiquing. I just posted my website 2 weeks ago for my t-shirt line, it is still under construction but you CAN navigate the site. http://www.streetdunkah.com/ I have not set up my merchant account yet so you can't place orders.
I have a character that I am aggressivly promoting. There is a complete (Saga) story for the character that I will use for contest and art challenges to attract repeat visits and sells. I'm asking for your opinions. Is the site easy to navigate? Is this doable and if so what problems will I encounter with these types of contest? What are the legal issues if any? For those of you interested in sports, would you participate in any of the contest? Be honest, I can handle it. If anyone can direct me to a successful contest site I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mik63

Mike

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Honest Opinion
Nov 24th 2006
RE: Honest Opinion
Nov 26th 2006

atyaFri Nov-24-06 10:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Honest Opinion"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Mike,

I thought your site looked great and I'm no basketball fan but I am a marketer.
It's simple and easy to navigate. I like that you're building expectation for what's to come. If anything I'd have liked to see some of the 'saga' - at least a page just to get the punters interested enough to come back again.

NancySun Nov-26-06 05:37 PM

#2. "RE: Honest Opinion"
In response to Reply # 0

Your idea has real potential in terms of viral marketing. I know that you didn't ask about this, but you could build a list for email marketing by offering chapters or even special content relating to the "saga" not on the website.

A couple of suggestions:

On the Concept page, add a line between the paragraphs. It looks better, and people tend to scan copy. Breaking it into smaller chunks attracts more readers.

I would lose the "Under Construction" at the bottom. For anything major that you still haven't added, you could just note that somewhere on the main page. All sites are basically "under construction" anyway, as we are always adding and updating.

Good luck!

Nancy
http://www.CreateYourMarket.com
A Resource for the Home-Based Entrepreneur

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #180 Previous topic | Next topic