Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1682

Subject: "What could he do with this skill?" Previous topic | Next topic
Suzi07Mon Sep-24-07 03:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What could he do with this skill?"

I am trying to help my husband come up with an idea to start his own business. Right now he works in retail and he specializes in getting people throughout the store to sign up for a store credit card. He is really, I mean really good at it. He is #1 in his district every month and nobody seems to be able to figure out how he does it. I am wondering if he could start a company that goes around doing training for stores who have their own credit cards. I don't really know where to begin looking into this. Does this sound like a good idea or not or is there something else he could do that would tie into this skill?

www.SuperSunfood.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: What could he do with this skill?
Sep 25th 2007
Sep 25th 2007
Sep 26th 2007

bearlygrownTue Sep-25-07 04:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: What could he do with this skill?"
In response to Reply # 0

sounds like he is a good SALESMAN.

HE can work anywhere in sales.
So maybe he needs to focus on what he likes to sell.

He also can start a training company, to coach people how to sell and be more aggressive in sales.

He doesnt have to start his own company, he can switch jobs a few times to see which avenue is best for him.

good luck

PepperfireTue Sep-25-07 04:14 AM

#2. "RE: What could he do with this skill?"
In response to Reply # 0

What he needs to do is to find stores that already offer the cards and ask them if it a feasible idea.

The other place I would look is at the companies who offer the cards, and see if they are interested in helping promote him to offer the training for their new customers.

The third place I would look would be SMEs who are in a position to possibly offer such cards to their customers and see if they are willing to set up such a program and your husband would train them.

As a member of that third group... here's your first answer to that question... Yes, I would be interested in setting up the card, getting trained in how to sign our customers on to it, but I doubt I would pay extra for the training, I would expect the card offerer to offer me that service.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

DBeaversWed Sep-26-07 06:32 AM

#3. "RE: What could he do with this skill?"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Sep-26-07 06:34 AM by DBeavers

If he is as comfortable selling to businesses as he is with individuals, he might should consider the promotional advertising business. He could start part-time, while keeping his current job. If he likes this industry, he could keep it as a supplemental income or at some future point give up employee status and operate his own business from home full-time.

I discovered this industry 23 years ago, and converted to full-time self-employed 20 years ago. I find I really prefer selling in volume, instead of the onesies and twosie sales of retail. I also enjoy working with many of my buyers over the long haul. I have several customer who have been buying from me for 18 to 22 years.

I have helped dozens of others launch and grow their own promotional advertising dealership.

Dennis Bevers
www.CuttingEdgeAdvertising.com

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.
Full-time, home-based, self-empolyed since 1987.
Dealers needed-US residents only!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1682 Previous topic | Next topic