Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1667

Subject: "Constructive Feedback, please" Previous topic | Next topic
speed123Wed Sep-19-07 04:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Constructive Feedback, please"

I am researching starting a business. I have a contact who has several upper level management contacts in the industrial lighting industry. This contact also has several personal contacts who are in "high" places across the business world.

My idea for a business is not a new one. My problem is that it is a very closed community, it is not open to newbies. Competitive does not even equal it. I have been a "peon" in this industry and want to try to start my own company.

This is a type of market research company who will provide a business not only with customer input, but will also help a company define its training tools available to their staff- NOT on a retail level- but a B2B level. Because of my current contractor agreements, I am not at liberty to discuss much more, other than this is currently a rather controversial career choice with some negative press recently.

What I am trying to do right now is build a business plan. I am floundering and do not know where to start. I know where I want to be, where my contact and probable sales partner wants to be, but I do not have a proverbial road map or starting point.

The main focus of my company is a service provided to businesses to be used as a training resource to provide their customer base with the highest level of quality and positive customer experiences.

I look forward to any ideas or direction.

T.Keppler

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Constructive Feedback, please
Sep 19th 2007
RE: Constructive Feedback, please
May 11th 2017

GalaGalWed Sep-19-07 08:26 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Constructive Feedback, please"
In response to Reply # 0

It sounds like you have a lot of knowlege in this area, and there are lots of pros and cons to be explored. Given the confidential nature of your idea, I would suggest you go to a nearby Small Business Development Center (can find one through www.sba.gov) and talking with a counselor there. They offer professional, confidential business-related counseling and can help you get started with a business plan.

From what I have found a business plan is a great planning tool - not only providing you a place to write down what you are GOING TO DO, but also forces you to look at your opposition (competition, barriers to the marketplace, etc.) and decide how to overcome those issues. Again, an SBDC office counselor can probably offer you some good advice and guide you through this process, as well as offer a business plan template and/or business plan writing(training)classes.

www.score.org is also a great resource for free business counseling from retired business professionals. This might be an option if an SBDC office is not convenient, as you can converse by email with a counselor about the details of your prospective business.

I have used both and been very impressed with the level of information and assistance I have received.

Good Luck!

*GG*

PepperfireThu May-11-17 03:13 PM

#2. "RE: Constructive Feedback, please"
In response to Reply # 0

I highly recommend going through the startup step by step right here at IC: https://www.businessownersideacafe.com/starting_business/index.php

Good luck with it.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1667 Previous topic | Next topic