Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1663

Subject: "Expanding business" Previous topic | Next topic
jmharmonyMon Sep-17-07 03:43 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Expanding business"

Harmony

Hello,

I am presently working my business, maybe 45%, I also have another job. This job takes up most of my time, and also takes up a lot of energy. It mostly involves traveling out of state, I drive a truck long ours and sometimes have to spend maybe a week away from home. I have been considering to quit this job, and to concentrate on my own business. My vendor for the vege business, has now given me 3months credit, I have been with my business for at least 2years now. I have steady customers, and so the business maintains itself. Do you think I should quit my job, and just concentrate on my business? I have a good feeling about the business, but of course I would have to really hustle to find more clients. In my business I deal with Restaurants and Groceries and some homes, I deliver direct to them.
This is an opportunity, that might be good for me in expanding the business. I have a client who has a restaurant in a very upscale area, here in Miami Beach. I could never afford such a location. He has a restaurant located there, which is fairly large. He is doing fairly well , serving Indian food vegetarian. But there is another section to the restaurant, that is not doing as well. I would like to get involved in this section of the restaurant, as a partner, or so. I would be able to provide the main products, which I wholesale already, and have a good quantity in stock. My question is. How should I approach, the owner, who is fairly considerate , and has offered me once to get involved with him in the restaurant. How could I make a good profit? I could provide the products, then I would need a chef, and a waittres, and of course I would have to spend time there, to make sure everything goes well. What are the overhead that I should take on, eventhoug I do not have a lot of capital to offer. I just need some advise on how to approach this situation, which I feel can be a great investment.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Expanding business
Sep 18th 2007
Sep 18th 2007
Sep 26th 2007

PepperfireTue Sep-18-07 03:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Expanding business"
In response to Reply # 0

The best advice anyone could give you would be to scrape your savings together, put away enough money to cover your living expenses for a year, then make the leap... Don't burn your bridges when you leave though, make it with your current employer that if it doesn't work, you'll still have a job to go back to.

Good luck

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

jmharmonyTue Sep-18-07 11:32 AM

#2. "RE: Expanding business"
In response to Reply # 1

Harmony

Thanks for the advise. What about the other part on business proposal. How should I approach my client on , becoming part of the restaurant?

klevaWed Sep-26-07 06:14 PM

#3. "RE: Expanding business"
In response to Reply # 2

Although it might be a tough situation I think you should just bite the bullet and sit down with the restaurant owner and let him know that you are ready to consider his previous offer, if it is still open. You will never know what might be if you don't at least try. Good luck to you on this.

http://shortlinks.co.uk/4c7
Raise Capital in 90 Days Online - Now!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1663 Previous topic | Next topic