Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1523

Subject: "Name Needed and Thoughts on Business Venture" Previous topic | Next topic
bebegirl23Wed Aug-08-07 05:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Name Needed and Thoughts on Business Venture"

Hi,

I have been thinking of starting this business for some time now and I finally have time to focus. I would like to know your thoughts on this business idea and any suggestions on a catchy name.

The vision is to develop and implement marketing and advertising activities for small to medium sized home improvement contractors in the Connecticut River Valley area. The goal is to develop a resource for homeowners and builders to meet quality contractors in their geographic area, while increasing lead generation, sales, and company awareness for these contractors. In the next five years, we would envision our business to become a leading resource for home improvement contractors to turn to to handle marketing and advertising activities which they cannot handle on their own due to knowledge, time constraints and lack of expertise.

Thank you for all your input.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

cherie24Thu Aug-09-07 01:14 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Name Needed and Thoughts on Business Venture"
In response to Reply # 0

I think this is a great Idea first this type of company is refferal company. contractors are scammers you have to carefully screan all your contractors to make sure that they are honest
starting by offering a service like cleaning or decorating and renovating. the cleaning and decorating part you can do it or hire somebody else to do it, but the renovating part such as bathroom painting door repairs carpet elctricity you contrat that out. by making the contractor work for you as an independant contrator.that way they won't scam the client nor put your business at risk this type of business is all about integrity and trust and also good service. all you'll have is good words of mouth
ways you can do it is charge the contractors a % or a flat fee for each clients you give them.
let me know if that help a little bit and if you need more help how to start. I can help you and guide you to the right direction
good luck.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1523 Previous topic | Next topic