Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #141

Subject: "Is this awesome, terrible or somewhere inbetween?" Previous topic | Next topic
FireIceFri Sep-08-06 04:24 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Is this awesome, terrible or somewhere inbetween?"

Hey guys!

I have a new business that I'm currently planning and structuring. I would LOVE to get some feedback!

I am currently starting a boutique marketing company focusing on two things. The first is finding corporate sponsorships for a variety of sports-related clients. The second is to help young entrepreneurs with marketing (consulting, writing marketing plans, etc.). I already have a large list of prospective clients because I will be doing sponsorships for a very unique sports industry that has a HUGE following.

Additionally, I have been recruited by a bar to do a new promotional program for them.

I would appreciate ANY advice!
Also, I'm working on pricing my services. The sponsorships will have to be commission-based at first; the other services will be based on prices.

Thank you so much and feel free to contact me anytime through email at David12000@aol.com (yes I'm still using old-school AOL as one of my accounts)
-Dave

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

atyaSat Sep-09-06 11:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Is this awesome, terrible or somewhere inbetween?"
In response to Reply # 0

Personally I think it's all good. I think there is huge potential in sports and organisational)scholarchips. Most clubs and groups needing sponsorship have no idea how to go about getting it and a bad request for support from large companies is a definite no no. You'll get it down to a fine art and be even more marketable. (You know they aways have a sponsorship request format they follow eh - just ask for it)
Go for it

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #141 Previous topic | Next topic