Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #14

Subject: ""New Business ideas"" Previous topic | Next topic
CyberHostThu May-11-17 03:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""New Business ideas""
Mon Aug-21-06 07:28 AM by CyberHost

The message below was posted by Mark Bostick on 7/31/2006:

"I have never owned my own business but want to. I am coming into a lump sum of money soon and would appreciate any good ideas ..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This message was posted before we switched to the new Cyberschmooz format. You can read any responses to the original post at https://www.businessownersideacafe.com/cgi-bin/maincs/dcboard.cgi?forum=BizIdeas&az=list&database=archive.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: "New Business ideas"
Aug 09th 2006
Aug 09th 2006
Aug 10th 2006
Aug 10th 2006
Aug 11th 2006
Aug 13th 2006
Marlin Creek has Ideas
Aug 10th 2006
Aug 19th 2006
Aug 23rd 2006
Aug 26th 2006
Aug 27th 2006
Sep 03rd 2006
Sep 03rd 2006

HighConversionsWed Aug-09-06 03:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 0

Getting a lot of money? I'm not a banker, but the best thing you could do is take 75% of it and put it in the bank. Live off the interest for a few years and lock it up so you can't touch it.

Typically, folks who 'come into' money via a lump sum end up going bankrupt within 5 years!

I could sit here and tell you to not buy cars, boats and bikes but you will if you can touch the money!

coolestbizevaWed Aug-09-06 05:51 AM

#2. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 1

:-) cool idea, keep them coming.

shellbell111Thu Aug-10-06 04:17 AM

#3. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 0

My best suggestion to you is take something you really love - a hobby, etc. and make it your career. Do you like skate boarding, playing music, photography, excercising, cooking, muscle cars, etc. ANYTHING, and start there. Let your gut lead the way.

Michele Larson
Larson Marketing Concepts
mlarson@gemhold.com
http://www.larsonmarketing.com

Onlinbiz8Thu Aug-10-06 06:45 AM

#4. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 0

Saving is a very good idea.
I know of a business that you dont need to do much. And the investment is not too much.

http://www.MegaWealthy.com/8996

Lal Daswani
Earn $3000-$9000 a week! No Selling or telling! For more info check out?
http://www.onlinbiz8.com

ElleBlueFri Aug-11-06 06:28 PM

#6. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 4

>
>Saving is a very good idea.
>I know of a business that you dont need to do much. And the
>investment is not too much.
>
>http://www.MegaWealthy.com/8996
>
>Lal Daswani
>Earn $3000-$9000 a week! No Selling or telling! For more info
>check out?
>http://www.onlinbiz8.com

Sorry, but this sounds like one of those pyramid things! I've been on a site that looks just like the above (complete with the lovely beach scene and all) and they've been nothing but a dead end. I never get involved with anything that asks me for money.

THE QUESTION YOU SHOULD ASK FOR YOURSELVES, PEOPLE, IS "HOW ARE THEY GOING TO EVENTUALLY PAY ME MONEY, WHEN RIGHT NOW, THEY ARE ASKING ME FOR MONEY?

Onlinbiz8Sun Aug-13-06 08:46 AM

#7. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 6

Well bascially in this business you get the money fom the people that join under you and you keep your part and send the rest to the company.
I have received money and it is really great to keep US$3000 when you get US$3895 and only send US$895 off to the company.

Lal Daswani
Earn $3000-$9000 a week! No Selling or telling! For more info check out?
http://www.onlinbiz8.com

MarlinCreekThu Aug-10-06 07:39 PM

#5. "Marlin Creek has Ideas"
In response to Reply # 0
Thu Aug-10-06 07:41 PM by MarlinCreek

Shameless self promotion... but you were asking...

My site, Marlin Creek, is all about business ideas. You can check out the link at the bottom or go to...
http://marlincreek.com/component/option,com_joomap/Itemid,34/

which will show a sitemap. Browse around and see if anything lights your fire.

Graydon
Marlin Creek - Idea Seeds
http://marlincreek.com

bizdevSat Aug-19-06 10:26 AM

#8. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Aug-19-06 10:30 AM by bizdev

>The message below was posted by Mark Bostick on 7/31/2006:
>
>"I have never owned my own business but want to. I am
>coming into a lump sum of money soon and would appreciate any
>good ideas ..."

While it's impossible to offer ideas without knowing your skills, interests, dreams...I do offer many different ideas and resources for starting your own business below (including an all inclusive Kit with step-by-step directions). Check it out.

Sylvia
http://businessplanmentor.com
Business plan and start up resources

freejerkyWed Aug-23-06 03:28 PM

#9. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 8

WOW lucky you!! As others have said don't let it slip through your fingers. Sure play with some of it and you can even try a business or two if they aren't asking you for money (large sums), but definately put some away for the future. Read about investing if you aren't familiar...I read Dave Ramsey books and they are very informative. We used to be broke...really broke, but now we read Dave's books and get suggestions on what to do with our extra money with our family company. Good Luck!! Be Smart!

Laura
We are all about families helping families!
http://www.jerky4free.com
No Selling - No Parties - Any Age

NancySat Aug-26-06 12:48 PM

#10. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 0

A few questions to ask yourself when brainstorming ideas:

Do you feel more suited to working with people, things, or information?

Do you want to work *at* home, or work *from* home?

Most importantly, what are your skills, interests, and talents? Many people turn a love for something, a hobby they enjoy, or a skill that gives them satisfaction into a business.

My advice would be to resist the temptation to spend a lot of money getting started, even if you have it to spend.

Spend as little of that "lump sum" as possible. Use the rest as security. That will give you much more flexibility in your choices and allow you to grow your business without having to turn an immediate profit.

Nancy

Cheap Advertising Ideas
http://www.CreateYourMarket.com

aceshopperSun Aug-27-06 07:06 AM

#11. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 10

I agree with most of the others who've stated it is difficult to provide more concrete ideas to you, without knowing where you're coming from aside from the fact that you're coming into some dough
soon.

Where do your experience and skills lie? Do you know anyone who is self-employed and successful? They say most entreprenuers have others in their family who are self-employed also. If so, ask them what it takes and if they have any ideas for you, as they should know you and can counsel you best.

Do post back and let us know what you've decided or what you are considering? It is always exciting to me to hear and follow other start-up entreprenuers, so do share.

Missy Diaz
Dish Network TV
Authorized Dealer
www.ownsatellitetv.com

evancerealtySun Sep-03-06 03:03 AM

#12. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 0

Mark,
I am not sure where you live, but real estate is ALMOST ALWAYS a good investment - if you know what you are doing. If you want to talk to a real estate consultant for investments, just email me and if I can't help you because of where you are located, I will refer you to someone who can. And we won't take your money for us, it goes toward your investment. Then we'll be calling you Donald

Elizabeth Vance, Realtor
elizabeth@evancerealty.com
www.evancerealty.com

DBeaversSun Sep-03-06 03:49 AM

#13. "RE: "New Business ideas""
In response to Reply # 12

Hello Mark,

Rather than suggest a particular business, here's a partial list of criteria for evaluation various bizopps that you find interesting. Better to find any weakness or downside before you invest your time and money.

"There is no such thing as a perfect business endeavor
...it simply does not exist--period!"
--Richard Kaeser, January 2, 2000

So what do you do?
You search for one that is as close as possible to perfection. Look for one you think is ideal for you, but by all means, investigate, investigate, investigate... regardless of overture!

Here then, is a list of prerequisites you should consider for evaluating and analyzing the potential of any new enterprise--

The ideal business...
NO Dealer Fees
NO Inventory
NO Delivering
NO Employees
NO Limited Territory
NO Sales Taxes
NO RISK

* requires little or no investment -- that makes it totally risk-free -- nothing to lose!

* has an unlimited, massive market with extraordinary growth possibilities and potential.

* is one you can test and try out before you make a commitment, not after its too late!

* provides you with products that are products that are purchased again and again by the same customer -- repeat orders a certainty!

* is one that gives you the opportunity to build a customer base that you will own -- it's called, EQUITY!

* has no franchise fees, no territory restrictions, no reports, no regulations -- total independence- freedom.

* has an exceptionally low overhead -- no significant cash expenditures, no investments in equipment, inventory, location -- no payroll -- no credit losses -- no loans -- no accounts receivable to carry.

* is free from government controls, regulations and can be relocated.

* provides unlimited income forever -- no quotas.

To see additional criteria, please visit my site.

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.
Full-time, home-based, self-empolyed since 1987.
Dealers needed-US residents only!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #14 Previous topic | Next topic