Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1354

Subject: "99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please." Previous topic | Next topic
Robbyn8Tue Jun-26-07 10:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please."

I've had many sleepless nights and made many sacrifices building my webstore but I think I'm just about ready to launch. Please check it out and let me know what you think. Thanks.

Robyn-Foxxy Diva Fashions
www.foxxydiva.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: 99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please.
Jun 27th 2007
Jun 27th 2007
Jun 27th 2007
Jun 28th 2007
Jun 29th 2007
Jun 30th 2007
Jul 01st 2007

lewgard08Wed Jun-27-07 01:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: 99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please."
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Robyn,

Nice site! I think the colors and style of the home page represent what you sell. Following are a few suggestions:

1) Home page: a)maybe you can add links to the products listed at the bottom left. b)I would add a bit more textual content to this page - explaining a bit what you offer. Include some of your keywords (but don't spam) in this paragraph. c)Your source code contains your css. I would put the css in an external file and link to it like this: <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="name of your css file.css">. This line of code would go in the head of the sourcecode and where I have "name of your css file" would have to be changed to the actual file name. d)Maybe it's just me, but I could not find any actual content in your source code (the actual words that are visable on the page). The search engine spiders won't be able to index your site well without having some content to index.

2) Products page: a)I felt the font was a bit large on my 1024 res. monitor - looks very large at 800 x 600. I like the size used on your categories pages (tops, bottoms, etc...). b)This page requires scrolling to the right to view all content - this is typically a no-no as people don't normally think to scroll right. To remedy this, you need to make the overall page sixe about 800 px. so it fits to all screen sizes. c)I would put the "free shipping on $100.00 or more" closer to the top of the page. This is an attraction and should be displayed where people will see it.

3) Overall: a)your background image repeats, which makes it look a bit off kilter. Maybe you can create a larger image that will fit the entire page and have the no-repeat rule included in your css. b)Maybe you can create a photo gallery page and have a link to this page within your navigation. You have some nice photos of models modeling your products.

Just a few tweaks and I think you're off on a great endeavor. Just remember that every page of a website can potentially be a landing page and you need to create every page so it is people and search engine ready. If you want more assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know.

====

Robbyn8Wed Jun-27-07 10:55 AM

#2. "RE: 99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please."
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks so much for the helpful feeback/suggestions. Guess it's back to work for me!

tamaralysterWed Jun-27-07 02:34 PM

#3. "RE: 99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please."
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Robyn,

Congrats on the launch of your business. Is this your first business venture? Overall the site is very effective. It's easy to navigate and very user friendly, especially for those that may not be net savvy.

You have a good selection of stock and your prices are reasonable. I like the selection of fashion styles on your homepage. It gives people a immediate idea of your products.

There are a couple of things on the design aspect that I thought i'd mention.

1) Good on you for moving your "free shipping" sign to the top of your page but i'd suggest you keep it as permanent text. The fading into the background text looks out of place in all honesty.

2) The site was very slow to load on my computer.

3) The text in your about us page is a little dis-jointed. Have a thorough read through and ask yourself "How well does it flow"

4) Can you possibly lighten up your colour scheme a little? My first thought when it finised loading was that it was very dark.

Overall I think you have done a good job. I wish you all the best with you launch.

Regards,
Tamara

Tamara Lyster Online
www.tamaralyster.net
A marketing concept for businesses focussed on health, wellness, personal development and human growth.

-Strategic Brand Development
-High Impact Business Writing
-OnDemand "Cost-Per-Query" Marketing

PepperfireThu Jun-28-07 07:44 AM

#4. "RE: 99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please."
In response to Reply # 0

Here's my two cents...

The first difficulty I encountered is the links to the next pages. I like that the arrows link, but the words that describe the link should be part of that link. I moused over and my first thought was that the link was broken. I'd expand it.

I like the colours too, very nice. I have only one exception and that is the "free shipping banner" on the bottom of each page. On my system, the green is hard on the eyes and the text is difficult to read.

It navigates well and seems to be well put together. I have one wish for you as the shopper... Zoom in on the details, the embroidery, beadwork, etc. I'd love to see closeups of the peacock etc.

Also, you might want to partner for the accessories that the models are wearing. I'd love to be able to perhaps purchase the shoes worn with the tie-bottom capri pants or the earrings worn with the peak-a-boo knit tank.

Hope that helps.

Good luck with it, I'll share the link with my friends who are still young enough to club.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Robbyn8Fri Jun-29-07 11:08 AM

#5. "RE: 99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please."
In response to Reply # 4

I spent all of yesterday making revisions so some of you might've browsed during that time. Especially that "Green" text box. I'm definitely not trying to blind anyone! It's crazy how things will look perfect in Firefox but not IE.

Thanks again to EVERYONE for your feedback and tips. The next time you visit, you'll notice I've put some of them to good use.

PepperfireSat Jun-30-07 06:40 AM

#6. "RE: 99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please."
In response to Reply # 5

Looks great Robbyn!

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

axiomSun Jul-01-07 01:22 PM

#7. "RE: 99% ready to launch webstore...feedback please."
In response to Reply # 0

congrats on your new site... I thought it was well layed out and easy to navigate... I would consider using several different models and maybe both black and white models... I think you might be limiting your sales otherwise... Just a thought.. Good luck and keep up the good work...

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1354 Previous topic | Next topic