Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #129

Subject: "Purchasing Merchandise Help..." Previous topic | Next topic
GigiThu Sep-07-06 07:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Purchasing Merchandise Help..."

Greetings!
First and foremost I want to say I am so pleased to have found this web site. It seems very helpful and I look forward to hearing the great feedback everyone has to offer.
I just completed a small business course and have a business plan in place. I work full-time and would like to start an on line boutique. My long term goal is to purchase/lease retail space and open a store in the small city of Hartford, Connecticut.
I have a notebook filled with research and have an idea of what I want for my small business. To be specific, I am looking to target a young working professional and trendy customer. I am now working on my web site and marketing strategy and that should be completed within the next month.
My problem is that I am unable to find a distributor or wholesaler that offers trendy fashion apparel. So for the boutiques out there, where do you get your merchandise from? I have looked at several trade shows as I am in New England and near Boston and New York, however, I have never been to one and have no idea on what to expect or to bring. I don't feel confident ordering merchandise on line as most companies seem vague to me. I am looking to start with a small investment and any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
I may be emailed directly at gigimacci@yahoo.com. Thank you again!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

theresavevansThu Sep-07-06 01:58 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Purchasing Merchandise Help..."
In response to Reply # 0

Well one thing you can do is find some retail stores that sell the type of clothes that you are looking for and ask them who their wholesalers are. Also, I am from New York and I know there are tons of wholesale stores in Manhattan. Try doing an online search for wholesale stores either in your area or elsewhere (particularly in travel distance of you) and get their addresses so that you can visit them and check them out for yourself. If you already have a company that you are skeptical about try contacting the Better Business Bureau in the city which the company is located and see if they are listed with the BBB. If they are check their complaint record. That may help you to decide if you want to deal with them or not. Good luck.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #129 Previous topic | Next topic