Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1142

Subject: "Travel related business" Previous topic | Next topic
kjennMon May-07-07 06:30 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Travel related business"

Hello...I am trying to brainstorm ideas having to do with travel to parlay into a business. I greatly enjoy travel planning and researching, and was wondering if there was any market for this service as opposed to a traditional travel agent. I was thinking something along the lines of developing itineraries, tips, restaurant suggestions, travel details such as train schedules, transportation connections, etc etc etc. I do this type of detailed research on my own trips, and bind it together to take with me and it is always very helpful.

Does anyone see a market for this? Something similar? What would be an appropriate way to charge for this type of service? Any advice or criticism is welcomed

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Travel related business
May 08th 2007
May 09th 2007
May 10th 2007

itaxbackTue May-08-07 01:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Travel related business"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi There,

Great idea.......Travel is huge! If you are really interested in a Turn-key travel opportunity, check out the links below. I have had a great time working this business on the side. People love to travel and it's one of the fastest growing opportunities. You can do everything you mentioned in your initial post with this program. Please let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.presentingytb.com
http://www.ytb.com/pmp

Regards,
KC

NancyWed May-09-07 04:52 PM

#2. "RE: Travel related business"
In response to Reply # 0

Instead of, or maybe in addition to, a service, you could look at travel-related products such as guides.

My suggestion would be to focus on something - or somewhere - very specific. For instance, you could start with a popular tourist destination and create a guide with everything from maps to restaurant reviews.

Another thought is a website with photographs and interesting stories that would give your visitors "virtual vacations" as well as a preview for those trying to decide on a locale for their vacation.

These ideas should also help you market any travel-related services since you would be "the author of..." or the publisher of the travel website, etc.

Nancy
http://www.CreateYourMarket.com
Marketing Ideas for the Home-Based Entrepreneur

itaxbackThu May-10-07 01:50 AM

#3. "RE: Travel related business"
In response to Reply # 2

Nancy,

That?s a really great idea but it might be very difficult to capture all the information required to establish a website with all that information. I do think it would be a hit, just a lot of work to set up a ?virtual vacation?. The other option is to think about a ?niche? travel information guide i.e. ski vacations, beach vacations, tour vacations etc. Start off a small and build from there.

Regards,
KC

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1142 Previous topic | Next topic