Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1022

Subject: "Help?" Previous topic | Next topic
griawoldsMon Apr-09-07 03:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Help?"

I am very creative with my hands and recently found out that I can make beautiful, handmade fashion jewelry. I have sold some to friends, family and co-workers with much success. I am now to the point where people place orders. I want more though. I want to market my product on a larger scale. E-bay is great, but I want more. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can branch out with my jewelry? The greatest thing about making and creating unique designs is that it is fun!!!
Thanks!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Help?
Apr 12th 2007
Apr 18th 2007
Apr 13th 2007
Apr 18th 2007
Apr 29th 2007

ElleBlueThu Apr-12-07 05:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Help?"
In response to Reply # 0

The best way to get exposure is to have a website. Select some key words and get your site listed into search engines. There are threads in the E-commerce section of Cybershmooze, which will answer a lot of your questions about building web pages and making them visible. Have postcards printed at a print shop. You can easily photograph one of your special pieces on a fixture of mannequin or have someone model it for you. Put the image on your postcard along with your contact info and web address.

Also, you can go to shops, which sell clothing that will complement your jewelry and ask the owner or buyer if they'd like to carry some of your jewelry. Bring several pieces with you.

Lastly, photograph all pieces you make. That way if you sell a one-of-a-kind piece, you can show the photograph to potential buyers and post it on your webpage.
Good luck

Best Regards,
Elle

www.grafusion.biz

If you plan to open a business, visit my blog. Sound advice for the entrepreneur.
www.ellescorner.com

griawoldsWed Apr-18-07 02:57 AM

#3. "RE: Help?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you so much for your advice. I do believe that is what I am going to do to get the exposure that I want. Thank you again.

lisasgourmetFri Apr-13-07 02:19 AM

#2. "RE: Help?"
In response to Reply # 0

YOu could also exhibit at craft fairs & such. Maybe get a booth at women's business events held in your area. I agree with the other person about approaching clothing businesses. Another avenue would be any specialty "touristy" type shops that may be in your town.

Another avenue is to get in contact with your local small business development center. They have a wealth of knowledge at their fingertips, usually have contacts and best of all, they are free.

Good Luck!!

griawoldsWed Apr-18-07 02:58 AM

#4. "RE: Help?"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks a bunch!!!!! I need all of the advice I can get. Thanks again!!!!

StrategistSun Apr-29-07 09:53 PM

#5. "RE: Help?"
In response to Reply # 0

Well, it depends on how big you want to be.

I had a client who started selling her jewelry at local stores. Then she opened her own store! Then she visited another state, found a store to sell her jewelry, and started selling it there.

Maria Marsala

Let me help you substantially grow your financial advisory business or nonprofit with P.E.P. Increase productivity, efficiency, and profit.

Learn more and get free tips at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1022 Previous topic | Next topic