Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Working at Home topic #771

Subject: "Can I get your thoughts?" Previous topic | Next topic
SmallbizjunkieWed Aug-17-11 05:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Can I get your thoughts?"

Good afternoon, all (or whenever you read this!)

I am hoping you guys are feeling energetic this morning and can help me with a question that I have. I am not in any way, shape or form, selling to you -- but I need your advice and thoughts on my business whose target market is my LOCAL homebased businesses and entrepreneurs. Here goes...

My business is what is called a cowork or shared work center. For homebased businesses especially (I think -- this is what I use in my marketing; this is what I believe is my "draw") people who work at home can often feel isolated and alone. While they don't want to go back to the 9 to 5 desk in a busy office, at times perhaps it would be nice to be in the midst of other business people working together on their OWN businesses. Energy, creativity, and more are found in a place where you share a space. You get a desk, free wi-fi, all the coffee (tea) you'd like, generally goodies to munch on and places for privacy (conference room) as well as places for lounging and rest. We can be your mailing address, your fax and phone answering service. Need admin support? We're here for you. Ability to make yourself a mocha or a sandwich -- and most of all, a place where you can continue to learn and share. When you have minds that are open to other's thoughts and perspectives, it often makes your work go better... perhaps the proverbial light switch coming on over the head? The best of all of this is it is VERY inexpensive ($10 a day on average.)

That's the business. There are many cowork centers springing up around the world: most are in large cities. I have just recently opened one of these spots, but in a small, rural community. What I'm hoping to get from you all is ideas on what makes something like this interesting to you and would make you want to use something like this. I don't want to "sell" something that no one wants. But I have run executive suites in the past and have been a homebased worker myself, so I know that this is valuable. And the people in larger cities are clamoring for more such spaces. Therefore, I know that if I find the right incentives, my business should grow too.

Thanks in advance for your ideas, thoughts, insights and more!

Nancy Becher
Business Success Unlimited
http://www.success4biz.biz
269-858-3431

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Working at Home topic #771 Previous topic | Next topic