Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Working at Home topic #381

Subject: "No pills, potions, or lotions" Previous topic | Next topic
ANewbieMon Jul-07-08 02:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"No pills, potions, or lotions"

Is there any type of network marketing available that isn't some weird concoction of exotic plants or berries that cures everything that ails you? You know, products that people already use and don't have to be razzled and dazzled into buying or joining the business?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: No pills, potions, or lotions
Jul 08th 2008
Jul 15th 2008
Jul 23rd 2008
Aug 26th 2008
Sep 10th 2008
Sep 22nd 2008
Sep 23rd 2008
Oct 21st 2008
Oct 21st 2008
Nov 10th 2008
Nov 10th 2008
Nov 17th 2008

DBeaversTue Jul-08-08 11:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Jul-08-08 11:43 AM by DBeavers

If you are looking to build a business and earn income from sales, why are you limiting your search to network marketing. Your options there after eliminating the pills, potions, and lotions is primarily travel, legal protection, reducing health care costs for families, pushing some gas mileage enhancer that may or may not work for the average person, and the financial info where you sign up people who pay for the info, who sign up others who pay, ad infinitum.

If you are open enough to consider b2b sales, the sheer volume of average orders should be reward enough to get and keep your interest.

That's been my full-time career for the past 21 years, working from my home, meeting the needs of business, industry, and gov't buyers for promotional advertising products. So far, there is no MLM or networking business model within this industry.

Good luck in finding the right opportunity to match your situation and needs.

Dennis

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.
Full-time, home-based, self-empolyed since 1987.
Dealers needed-US residents only!

pattiTue Jul-15-08 05:15 AM

#2. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

Yes there is!! I found a company that don't "sale lotions or potions" but have an actual service that everyone need. It's a great company, 16 years in the business. There's no telemarketing, no cold calling. We have good pay with benefits!!

Checkout my website and learn more: www.myhomebusinesspays.com/PReese

Contact me for info about our July Special.

You'll be glad you did...I was!!

PAT

mistyleigh31Wed Jul-23-08 07:54 AM

#3. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 0

I just started a network marketing business that involves wine consulting. If you love wine and have friends that do, it is a fun opportunity. Email me if you are interested and I will give you the details.

mistyleigh31@yahoo.com

Cheers,
Misty

lisahopson1Tue Aug-26-08 04:54 AM

#4. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello,

My business sales telecommunication services.

My e-mail address is lisahopson1@comast.net

phillrwWed Sep-10-08 01:02 PM

#5. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 0

How would you like to have a business that you can have over 3000 partner stores. When people shop online you get paid and they even get bonuses for shopping on there?
http://www.marketamerica.com/basesloaded/

Bases Loaded marketing

JulieJBCMon Sep-22-08 06:55 PM

#6. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Sep-22-08 06:57 PM by JulieJBC

Hi! I so know what you mean! I think I looked into every Network Marketing company out there before I decided "what to do with my life".

I offer Virtual Assistant Services. As part of my offerings I also design and manage multi-touch marketing campaigns using the services of a network marketing company. Yes, there are good MLMs in the world!

In addition to building a team and all that razzle dazzle (because, yes, there is good money to be made) I am treating my biz as a real marketing solution. Many of my clients don't even know that my cards are part of an MLM company, but those that do don't care one way or another as long as their customers get the message.

But, actually, my more "web savvy" clients have asked "how can I make money sending cards?" that's when I tell them about the Entrepreneur option and they too become a distributor like me.

Feel free to contact me about my card biz (Network Marketing) or starting your own Consulting Service as a Virtual Assistant.

I love to network!

Julie
http://www.brookforestresources.com
http://www.soclink.com/juliejbc
http://www.perfectnetworker.com/network/juliejbc

Getaway TravelTue Sep-23-08 08:10 AM

#7. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 0

You hit the nail on the head. Trying to sell offbeat products is hard whether it's a network marketing sales model or a traditional sales model. Too much stress for me.

If you know anyone who books travel online (almost everyone) you can check out my company. We are publicly traded, Travel Weekly listed us as the 35th largest seller of leisure travel, and we are the #2 booker for Carnival cruises. We set you up with a travel booking website - very professional - and you get commission on any travel booked on your site. No time limits or quotas. You have an income stream even if you never have anyone join your business.

My booking site is www.easygetaways.net. If you like what you see, let me know and I'll get you more details on how it all works.

Regardless, good luck in your search. I truly believe network marketing is the vehicle for average people to achieve whatever level of success they desire.

Laura
getawaytravel@tampabay.rr.com

Getaway Travel

mhunn01Tue Oct-21-08 06:46 AM

#8. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 0

Every business needs a website, domain and hosting and that is exactly what GDI sells. As an affiliate you get paid to introduce people to their website.

I too was looking for a way to supplement my income so after careful researching I decided to join a company called Global Domains International. Their website is really easy and most of the marketing is done for you. You can sell any domain to anyone that may need it, not only WS but all of the other ones.

The best thing about GDI was that I did not have to do any direct selling and the cost was almost nothing. I currently have some team members that reside in Australia, UK, India, All over the United States, all over South and Central America, so this business is truly global. There is a 7 day free trial period but then after that is just $10.00... 10.. not even enough to take a friend to the movies. Most sites will require you to have a credit card to join, GDI doesn't, they have partnered up with Paypal to provide and easier and safer process of their members payments.

At first I was skeptical but now I am just amazed on how easy it is, I am not promising you riches over night, but with some time and dedication anything is possible. Take a few minutes and take a look at our presentation, or anyone that is reading this... take a few minutes and listen to what we have to offer. You won't regret it.

So, check out www.freedom.ws/mhunn01
Watch the 7 minute video and give it a go. What have you got to lose...it's a 7 minute video that just mite change your life!!

lovecruisingTue Oct-21-08 07:48 AM

#9. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 8

This sounds interesting, a few questions:

Can you direct sell the domain and hosting services to new customers yourself? I wouldn't want to be stuck with simply recruiting other people.

Do you need to keepm the 10.00 monthly service with at least one domain to do the biz opp? What are the actually costs to be in this biz?

Thanks!

Sondra
Time For Vacation Travel
Check out my blog at: http://lovecruising.blogspot.com

SHOPTMTMon Nov-10-08 12:50 AM

#10. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 9

Try www.sendoutcards.com/brenscards.

No Inventory!

Just Be A Card Giver!

Bren

annalaurabrownMon Nov-10-08 01:36 PM

#11. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 10

How about candles and soaps?

http://www.miabellamakesmoney.com

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

FinallyAWinnerMon Nov-17-08 05:29 PM

#12. "RE: No pills, potions, or lotions"
In response to Reply # 0

Instead of "network marketing" you might want to consider "affiliate marketing". It's a whole lot easier and there is no chasing down family, friends and neighbors trying to get them to buy something. Just find a good company with a product you believe in and run with it.

How I Bought a Brand New $1.2 Million Dollar Dream Home on Two Rolling Acres Using ONLY Affiliate Commissions Earned While I Was Unemployed
http://SearchPeopleWorld.com/tissa.htm

Lobby Working at Home topic #381 Previous topic | Next topic