Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Working at Home topic #247

Subject: "Seeking Legitimate Business Opportunities!" Previous topic | Next topic
nickcole79Sun Jun-27-10 08:18 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Seeking Legitimate Business Opportunities!"

Hello there! I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My name is Nickcole, 28 year old female, currently residing in the Midwest directly in the Heart of Illinois. I've been seeking a legitimate business opportunity for several years now, with little or no success at all. My reasons for wanting my own business or work from home opportunity are numerous. I have several years of business management and Customer Relations to offer and I currently hold a management position with the 2 nd largest hotel chain in the US for over 11 years. I'm quite successful in my present career however due to some health issues that have caused me to slow down a bit, I must find something very soon to supplement or replace my current income. I'm a dedicated, hard-working individual that is able to work independently or with a team and be successful. I just have yet to find the right opportunity. I have Auto-Immune Disorder that has brought on several different major health issues such as Diabetes, Ulcerative Colitis, and Pyoderma Gangrunosum just to name a few. I currently have severe Pyoderma Ulcerations on the shins of both of my legs that are extremely large and painful and may cause more serious conditions such as staph infections to amputations. Although I'm undergoing the proper treatment, this can take several long months to heal or even years to heal making it nearly impossible to make a living beings I'm required to stay off my legs to promote healing, which I'm unable to do at my current career that requires me to be on my feet 9-11 hours daily. Until than I must continue working these long hours on my feet and risking more severities to my current health problems. I need something that I can work from home or online. I'm willing to work all the hours necessary as I'm very motivated, ambitious, and realize that you get what you put into it. I'm not looking for a get rich quick scheme, I totally avoid these so called opportunities. Nothing in life is FREE and we must work at success. I'm totally willing to work and put in 100% of what is expected of me, as that is only fair. Unfortunately due to the medical conditions I currently have and have had for several years, I have some financial set backs. In most cases, while seeking these type of opportunities I'm finding that investments are required and that's very difficult for me to come up with at this time. When you're an honest person and willing to work, why is it that we must invest so much money to make money?

I also have several years of entrepreneurship studies/business owner operations as well. I have a few ideas of businesses I want to invest in, however at this time I don't have the capitol to invest with.

Please, if there is anyone out there with useful information I would love for you to inform me of your thoughts, ideas, or opportunities. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to succeed?even if it means long hours and bleary eyes!! If you would like to get to know me as a person, even better?than you would see more of what I have to offer and the kind of work ethics I possess.

Please, anyone that can help me email me at my personal email which is nickcolehoban@yahoo.com

And?.please no scams or bogus opportunities, I find this rather shallow of people to try to reel opportunity seekers into stuff like that. So, please ONLY serious respondents. I will investigate and do detailed research on any opportunity offered to me, so please don't waste your time sending me opportunities that are too good to be true. Thank you all so much for your understanding and taking the time to hear my story. Take Care and I hope to get some feedback from some real people.

Sincerely,

Nickcole

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
This page is in overload mode.[View all]
Subthread pages: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27

SHOPTMTTue Feb-05-08 04:07 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#3. "RE: Seeking Legitimate Business Opportunities!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi!
Wow, it seems you are going to have to go to "work" by way of the internet! I agree there are NOT very many legitimate businesses out there that I could find! I'm still looking! I did just join Big Crumbs (you can check out my web site and profile!). Good FREE Biz, but slow for making the BIG Crumbs! I'm just trying to gather all the Little Crumbs I can & hope someday they turn into BIG Crumbs! You know...multiple streams of income!!

It appears with your background tho, that you should be able to start up a web site and offer an on-line Consulting firm?? Or, Recruiter web site? There are lots of folks out there needing direction!
And, are willing to pay for it!

Anyway, much luck & God Bless!

Brenda
View my profile... Click here!
http://www.bigcrumbs.com/crumbs/viewMyProfile.do

Replies to this subthread
RE: Seeking Legitimate Business Opportunities!, mdavid2008, Jun 01st 2009, #36

mdavid2008Mon Jun-01-09 01:14 AM

#36. "RE: Seeking Legitimate Business Opportunities!"
In response to Reply # 3

Like others, I have tried so many online businesses that were such a waste of time.

I was laid off a few months ago, and the job search isn't going well and want to start something from home and don't know where to begin at this point.

I am going to look at the bigcrumbs site but if anyone else out there has suggestions please let me know. How do you advertise this site? And has it worked?

I started a personal errand service in my area a few years ago. That did NOT take off. I thought about dog walking, but decided it really wasn't for me. I don't like cleaning my own place, so cleaning service is out.

My background is administration, just received my state licenses in Claims Adjuster, Claims Service and Life Health and Annuities. Noone wants to hire new licensed people.

So I'm back to thinking what I can do from home to get income coming back into my house.

Please, people help someone who's run out of ideas!

Michelle

Lobby Working at Home topic #247 Previous topic | Next topic