Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Working at Home topic #13

Subject: "Is Work at Home a Seasonal Enterprise?" Previous topic | Next topic
CyberHostWed Aug-23-06 01:31 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Is Work at Home a Seasonal Enterprise?"

Where are all our work-at-home moms and dads? It's August, maybe you're all doing the back-to-school shopping or taking that last outing of the summer - but we hope to see you all back here in September!

Cyberhost at Idea Cafe
The Fun Place for Serious Business

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Is Work at Home a Seasonal Enterprise?
Sep 30th 2006
Oct 01st 2006
Nov 14th 2006

freejerkySat Sep-30-06 05:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Is Work at Home a Seasonal Enterprise?"
In response to Reply # 0

You were right...here it is the end of September...and we are back!! Our team is working in full swing to reach all of our goals. I am so glad we are back and so is everyone that we work with. GoodBye September...Hello October!!

Laura:P

Laura
We are all about families helping families!
http://www.jerky4free.com
No Selling - No Parties - Any Age

DBeaversSun Oct-01-06 05:18 PM

#2. "RE: Is Work at Home a Seasonal Enterprise?"
In response to Reply # 0

Actually, our home-based business is cyclical, not seasonal. My wife and I were extremely busy in the second half of July as well as August & September, writing more orders this summer than we have in the past.

There have been others challenges that claimed some of our time, but fortunately, our buziness gets credit for keeping me off the forums lately.

Dennis Bevers

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.
Full-time, home-based, self-empolyed since 1987.
Dealers needed-US residents only!

NacySBRNTue Nov-14-06 03:17 PM

#3. "RE: Is Work at Home a Seasonal Enterprise?"
In response to Reply # 0

I see two mentalities for those working from home.

Or it is maybe those of us that depend on the income we make and those that do not really need the imcome they make and it is treated more like a hobby.

Unfortunatly this summer with the high gas prices where brutal on a lot of home biz people I know in our group alone as many as 10 peopl just gave it up and went back to work that is really sad. That is hard summer was hard on me and others that did not give up and although Sept and Oct where slow we are no seeing a comeback. Almost a little late for the holidays but getting started now is better than not getting started at all.

One big mistake a lof of WAHMommy make is making their problems their customers problems you just cannot do that. There are time yes when family comes first if the kid has gotten a broken arm, and going on vacation well we would all love to do that and if you can great. But I sorry going to the lake every day is not good business if you customers are waiting on product or services. When we start our business we create an obligation to others and we cannot alway just do as we please.

For me taking the summers off or cutting back not an option. I would not be able to do that in a REAL JOB so why should I do it just because I work from home.

Sorry getting off the soap box now LOL but really some of us need the income and some don't is what I think it boind down too.

Nanc Johnson

Lobby Working at Home topic #13 Previous topic | Next topic