Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Comfort Food topic #159

Subject: "Idea Cafe Founder Francie Taking New Entrepreneurial Leap" Previous topic | Next topic
Francie WardThu May-11-17 03:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Idea Cafe Founder Francie Taking New Entrepreneurial Leap"
Thu Jul-10-08 08:31 PM by Francie Ward

Hello Loyal Idea Cafe CyberSchmoozers!

I wanted to share my news with you all...
I personally am going for one of the perks we all work for as entrepreneurs - and that's the freedom to leap into something new (whether we know what we're doing or not). Yes, after being a serial entrepreneur since age 27 (which used to be considered young for starting a business), and after founding and nurturing IdeaCafe.com since 1995, I am now leaping into a new career.

Like many of you probably feel about yourselves, I think I was destined to be an entrepreneur... a little too headstrong, independent, creative, opinionated and naive to fit neatly into a "regular job". It was an adventure to start a graphic design firm in San Francisco, then co-own a Silicon Valley book publishing company, then create Idea Cafe from scratch when the Internet was just a baby, going live August 15, 1995. At that time, all servers crashed often, spam had hardly started, and html had little finesse or control-ability since css, php, cms, etc. had not been invented. Growing an Internet company has been quite an interesting journey these past 13 years.

I have a work lifestyle many would envy... working from my home office, at hours of my choosing, with no commute, no office politics... in fact, I never have to see another person face-to-face at work. But now it's time for me to trade tech for touch. Instead of spending my work hours tapping on a computer to connect with people I can't meet face to face, I'll connect with people directly with my hands on their bodies... as a massage therapist! Soon I'll start a full schedule of classes in anatomy, physiology and kinesiology (whatever that is).

And YOU will continue to get the spunk and spice you expect from Idea Cafe! Leading the team will be the fearless Jordan, who has the most fun laugh you've ever heard! Because Jordan has proved his sense of humor, stamina and super skill as editor in the DevStart Network (of which Idea Cafe is a part), he is ready to rock. He and I have been transfusing our brains pre-dawn to post-dusk for some weeks now so he can carry you forward to new entrepreneurial adventures... all of course, with Idea Cafe's unique fun and flavor. So -- for us all -- on to more biz wisdom, sweet treats, deep insights and zest for life, as expressed in our own businesses!

While you're in Jordan's good hands virtually, my hands will be working on bodies physically.

To get in the spirit for my new entrepreneurial leap, I recently went skydiving. If you want to see things from a new perspective, view the video at SanDiegoSkydive.com
http://www.lifepursuitvideo.net/asppublic/Video91935.aspxVID=7217&VF=francieward_052008-1738.flv

(If the link to the video does not work for you from here, then just go to the About Idea Cafe page and click to the SkyDiveVideo from the link there -- it's near the skydive photo.)
https://www.businessownersideacafe.com/news/ideacafe_story.php

Thanks to all of you for your humor, biz wisdom and wit that have helped the Idea Cafe Team establish Idea Cafe as THE Fun Place for Serious Business through all these years -- and with your continued participation, we'll keep it that way!

Best of Biz (and many hugs... virtual & physical!)
From time to time, I'll pop in and see you here in CyberSchmooz!

Cheers,

Francie

Francie Ward

Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Idea CafeŽ Inc.
"The Fun Place for Serious Business"(sm)
http://www.ideacafe.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Idea Cafe Founder Francie Taking New Entrepreneurial Leap
Jul 12th 2008
RE: Idea Cafe Founder Francie Taking New Entrepreneurial Leap
Jul 13th 2008

bizdevSat Jul-12-08 03:50 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Idea Cafe Founder Francie Taking New Entrepreneurial Leap"
In response to Reply # 0

Francie,

I want to wish you great success and happiness with your new life. I must say when I received the news via email that you were moving on I was sad and shocked. But then I remembered, you are an entrepreneur just like all the rest of us here. And a true entrepreneur (or preneuraholic as I like to say) jumps at the chance to try something new and exciting (and hopefully lucrative).

You have made Business Owner's Idea Cafe the huge success that it is. You have accomplished one dream and helped so many others move toward accomplishing their dreams. You are an inspiration to the rest of us that anything is possible with hard work and determination.

Thank you for the Idea Cafe! Good luck to you.
Sylvia
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz
Startup & Biz Plan Help
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz/blog

Francie WardSun Jul-13-08 04:02 PM

#2. "RE: Idea Cafe Founder Francie Taking New Entrepreneurial Leap"
In response to Reply # 1

Sylvia,

Thanks so much for your kind words.

I'm confident that Idea Cafe's strength of spirit (and fun!) will continue because it's bolstered by the biz wit and wisdom of so many gutsy entrepreneurs - like you. This confidence frees me to try a new direction. And I'm eager to literally embrace a hands-on approach.

I love the word you coined, "preneuraholic" - so true!

Sylvia, please keep dishing up your own zesty wisdom here in CyberSchmooz. You have helped many people here see a clearer path to their goals, find specific resources they need and hang in through those inevitable entrepreneurial valleys. So keep it coming!

I'll see you here in CyberSchmooz!

Cheers,

Francie

Francie Ward

Founder and Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Idea CafeŽ

Lobby Comfort Food topic #159 Previous topic | Next topic