Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameArticles
Topic subjectBiz Tips from Gene Simmons and George Ross and more...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=120&topic_id=35&mesg_id=35
35, Biz Tips from Gene Simmons and George Ross and more...
Posted by Francie Ward, Thu Apr-10-08 12:01 PM
Greetings All,

I just came back from Glazer-Kennedy's annual SuperConference in Nashville, TN. If you've ever been to one of these, you know it's non-stop delivery of information on marketing, business strategy and motivation dawn into dark for several days straight.

This year Bill Glazer and Dan Kennedy were joined by several intriguing presenters, including:
* George Ross - Donald Trump's attorney (you've seen him on The Apprentice)
* Gene Simmons - founder of the highly successful rock band KISS (with the wild faces), plus his 'Family Jewels' TV series, cartoon hit 'My Dad The Rock Star' and head marketer for the INDY Racing League.
* Nido Qubein - who, as a teenager, came to the US without speaking English, then became one of the most sought-after speakers and advisers to CEOs. Now he is Chairman of the Board of The Great Harvest Bread Company with 218 stores in 41 states, plus President of High Point University
* Sydney Biddle Barrows - who became infamous as "The Mayflower Madam" and now coaches businesses
* Yanik Silver - an Internet wiz-kid, now a dad to toddlers
* Lee Milteer - popular speaker and productivity coach who founded 'The Millionaire Mindset Program'

Of course, there was nothing like being there, but here's my distillation of some of the best take-away bites of wisdom...

From Lee Milteer:
"Just say "no!" to the plethora of negative information that bombards us and instead surround yourself with information that motivates and excites you."
Lee also confided that, "I don't even like to talk to 'civilians' anymore... the stuff non-entrepreneurs talk about is boring!"

Gene Simmons
urges parents to force your kids to do Junior Achievement... he joined at 12 and it was a huge building block to his entrepreneurial success.
Gene demonstrated how he's learned to "talk people talk" to be able to connect with an individual in a way that's meaningful to that person.
Also, he awed us all by his convincing command of so many languages, from his native Hebrew to Japanese, German, and many more.

Nido Qubein
If you ever get the chance to hear him speak, don't pass it up. I had heard people say this, and now I know why. Nido Qubein is truly inspirational, entertaining and instructive.

Sydney Biddle Barrows
"Find out what business your customers want you to be in... what experience do people want? Then bridge any incongruity between the 'movie in their mind' and what you provide."

George Ross
George said he was willing to answer any questions -- except about Donald's hair!
So when asked what was the most important business lesson he'd learned from Trump, he answered, "Surround yourself with professionals and delegate to them!"
When asked his biggest business mistake, he said "trusting friends. -- Never do business with friends!"
His biggest regret was that he didn't start giving his time to charities earlier (and now he's trying to make up for that).

George left us with many words of wisdom, so I share these with you to use in your own business & life endeavors:

"Failure + Persistence = Success"

"When bad times come, good opportunities come up, so go with them but don't overextend yourself."

"it is hard to get investors, so first figure out a way to come up with your own money to fund your project."

Also particularly inspirational was the artist, Owen Garrett, who was first runner up as Extraordinary Entrepreneur.
Owen of www.thatpencilguy.com demonstrated that an artist doesn't have to starve. Go to his site and check out his videos and his incredible art.

Well, I think that's enough food for thought for now.
I hope these savory bites of biz wisdom add spice to your own biz endeavors.

Cheers,

Francie

Francie Ward
Founder and Editor-in-Chief
Idea CafeŽ
"The Fun Place for Serious Business"(sm)
http://www.ideacafe.com