Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectI need your help...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=6
6, I need your help...
Posted by Alexiesworld, Tue Aug-15-06 02:54 PM
Hello to all,
I am planning to set up a non-medical home care business (caregiving for the elderly) here in Los Angeles. Because I would like to serve the baby boomers and secondly I have limited finances. I do not know how and where to start. I do not even know how much it will initially cost to set up such a business. I would appreciate it very much if you could help me. Thank you so much.
7, RE: I need your help...
Posted by nikkiD, Wed Aug-16-06 03:38 AM
I recommend checking out SCORE.org which is part of the Small Business Administration. They have a chapter in your area and offer all kinds of free counseling, etc.

Good luck!

Nicole
nikkiD
Apparel
9, RE: I need your help...
Posted by Alexiesworld, Wed Aug-16-06 03:34 PM
Thanks Nicole! But How will I find elders who would like to be giver care in their houses? Any idea how much I need to pay for the Bonding insurance and liability insurance? Thank
22, RE: I need your help...
Posted by smillieface, Wed Aug-23-06 08:37 AM
talk to sr. citizen center
run an ad in phone book that is where we looked when we needed help with mother in=law.
25, RE: I need your help...
Posted by Alexiesworld, Wed Aug-23-06 01:56 PM
Thank you so much for your support and suggestion Smillieface. I will try to check and research all of your suggestions. You guys just don;t know how much I appreciate all your advises. Hopefully I could return the favor to you all some day.
23, RE: I need your help...
Posted by freejerky, Wed Aug-23-06 01:11 PM
How about starting at senior appartments and talking with the person in charge. Most of the time right before they move to an assisted living they need help in their homes. I would do as much research online as I could to find out as much as I could before I start approaching anyone though. I bet there are a lot of people that would like assistance with cleaning or shopping or even just company.:-) Good Luck!!
24, RE: I need your help...
Posted by Alexiesworld, Wed Aug-23-06 01:53 PM
Thank you very much for your suggestion. I really appreciate all your advises in this group. I will try your suggestion Freejerky. Thanks again!:-)
37, RE: I need your help...
Posted by iws, Wed Aug-30-06 04:11 PM
My mother did private sitting for many years and had some very good people to work with. To get started, contact some of the nursing homes, doctors, and retirement centers. Check with local churches too. Get the word out and be excited.

Hope this helps.
41, RE: I need your help...
Posted by Alexiesworld, Thu Aug-31-06 04:18 PM
Hello Ocha
Thank you so much for your advise. I will do that. But I still need to establish a company name, insurances etc.. Hopefully I will be able to set it up by early next year. Thak you so much guys for the encouragements and advises you are giving me. :-)