Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectRE: Heat Transfer V Cafepress?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=42&mesg_id=75
75, RE: Heat Transfer V Cafepress?
Posted by randwtees, Mon Sep-25-06 01:53 PM
It just so happens we're in the same business....kinda. We do custom shirts as well as what I call "Preprinted". Simillar to Dixie Outfitters, where we buy the designs, put them on the shirts and sell them. I have my own website (www.randwtees.com) and have tested the waters doing it on ebay. I'm not sure (unless you have something wildly unique) that you can make it doing t-shirts online. We have worked flea markets... weekly for months and not even paid for the booth. We have worked online and not sold a single shirt. We worked a local community festival, and made 200.00 in a day. Personally I think customization is where it's at.. at festivals and such. That's what we're going to be focusing on in the coming year. Let me know where you are and I'll see if I can turn you on to suppliers. One suggestion... and this is the first advice that was given to me by someone who had been in the business for years. When you buy your press...make sure it's made by Hix. Ours is a "hobby" model, and we printed 450 shirts on it this weekend without so much as a wimper.

Let me know if you need any help or advice..I'll try..

Ron M.
R and W Tees