Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectBusiness in multiple states...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=2101&mesg_id=2101
2101, Business in multiple states...
Posted by kmonahan, Tue Apr-20-10 07:06 AM
Hi, I'm a new business owner and I'm looking for some help on finding information. I've opened a creative project management business, meaning I work on a project to project basis making films, web videos, music videos, web consulting, etc.

The company is formed and registered in New Jersey as of last year. My questions are:

If I have clients who live (or their company is located) in NY or PA that want work done, do I have to register in those states to accept their payment? Even if they are contacting me at my NJ office and the shoots are occurring in NJ? What if they contact me at my NJ office and want me to physically shoot the project on their location in their state?

Or would I just have to register in those states if I wanted to open a physical office up in them?

Even if you can give me some places that I can research this info and the right key words to search for, it would be greatly appreciated. I've been going through state sites for two days.

Thanks.

Keelen