Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectNeed help, trying to promote Mobile Food Service
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=2019
2019, Need help, trying to promote Mobile Food Service
Posted by JIMMYZ5150, Tue Jan-19-10 12:45 PM
Hey new here...
I recently acquired a mobile kitchen. It's a full service kitchen on wheels basically, not a "roach coach"...lol.It's got a flat top grill, dbl burner,2 steam tables,freezer,4 sinks. It's all inside a bread truck, if that helps visualize.

I've called it "Cooking on the Run". I want to go after employees for on-site lunches, cooked fresh on the spot.

I was let go from where i subcontracted, because I wanted to go part time to work on this business.Now I've got all my energy into this, but it's getting disheartening!! Even job hunting is hard, and I have this truck in the driveway to work.

The Problem Is: I have put money into graphics, bus cards, menus, etc.. Not to mention food prep. I'm pretty good in PhotoShop, so all it cost me was time and printing.

I am offering a call ahead service (can't afford food waste). I have promoted to some medical facilities,manuf plants, car lots,etc... nobody is calling. I can't thaw food and no one buy when i show up, right?

I've got Nathan's dogs, BBQ, sloppy joe, panini's, Philly's, burgers...etc. Most expensive item is the Philly's $6.50 (chips,drink,taxes included)all good food.

Does anyone have any idea's of how to get this rolling ? It's the hot dog cart theory, just bigger.

Thanks Jim

Hope I didn't babble to much
2031, RE: Need help, trying to promote Mobile Food Service
Posted by hostingdiva, Mon Feb-01-10 01:34 PM
Hi Jim:

Don't get discouraged - but honetly, as the saying goes, it takes money to make money. I would recommend you defrost some of your food and set up shop somewhere where crowds gather during lunch time. When you run out of your food, then you can pack up and leave. But, you should be prepared to be in the same spot for the week. You'll have more people come when they know you're going to be there.

You may also want to look here for other food trucks - maybe you can get listed or figure something more unique to prepare to keep people coming back :) http://www.findlafoodtrucks.com/links.php

Best of luck!!

~~~~~~~
2034, RE: Need help, trying to promote Mobile Food Service
Posted by maia31, Wed Feb-03-10 08:43 AM
Hi, I admire your innovativeness in forming such a business.
Cart business is effective as long as you have a loyal customers. The best thing to do it is to adverstise. The good news is we can help you with that. We are a company that offers different kind of services that could helpful to your business. One of our major services is graphic designing. Our rate is very minimal that anyone can afford without compromising with the result. All you have to do is to log on to www.secretstaff.com and register for free and submit your request. So, contact us now.

Regards,

Cathy
2036, RE: Need help, trying to promote Mobile Food Service
Posted by JIMMYZ5150, Wed Feb-03-10 11:10 AM
Hey thanks for some of the thoughts...

I'll keep thinking
2050, RE: Need help, trying to promote Mobile Food Service
Posted by Wealth24, Sat Feb-27-10 07:44 AM

Vilmarie Budde

The reason I can see is for example a philly cheese steak with chips and drink seems to much at 6.50 and you need to see the area you are in and live in to price.Otherwise the economy is pushing people to take lunch from home and that is killing it as well. You also need to think of taste maybe there is not much taste in your food at times people go by taste