Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectRE: Gift Basket Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=2007&mesg_id=2017
2017, RE: Gift Basket Business
Posted by hostingdiva, Fri Jan-15-10 03:08 AM
I agree with BizResearcher - there are many gift basket companies that do not do too well. In the last few years, specifically, many have gone out of business. Gift basket items are not necessity items so they can be harder to sell in a down economy.

But, this should not discourage you because all these businesses going out of business opens the door for you to start your own business. You will just need to be a bit more innovative. Maybe you can offer "recession" themed baskets where you provide necessities rather than just wants.

There are many niches available that you can give some attention to. I think baby baskets are always good because people are having babies even in the recession. You can also consider going away to college baskets, green themed baskets, and organic skin care themed baskets.

I don't see any reason you can't do it, you just need to be prepared to put in the marketing time and money.

Good luck!
~~~~~~~~~~~~