Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectAsking for wholesale info
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1954
1954, Asking for wholesale info
Posted by rebecca676, Thu Nov-05-09 04:17 AM
I am in the process of finding suppliers for my online
boutique. Most companies have a specific email addresss on
their site so that you can email them for their wholesale
info. I am concerned about how to properly word my emails to
them. I can't just say "Hi, can I have your wholesale
information please." Any suggestions?
1955, RE: Asking for wholesale info
Posted by hostingdiva, Thu Nov-05-09 06:12 AM
You could say something like this:

~~~~~~~~
Hi!

My name is Rebecca LastName. I will be opening an online boutique on Date. You can take a look at my website here: http://yourwebsiteurl.com. I am interested in carrying your product line. I think your line will really speak to my customer base which is blah blah blah (make sure you check their website to see their target market).

You stated on your website that you offer your items wholesale. Would it be possible for me to see your wholesale pricing?

Please do let me know what information you need from me. If you would like to speak by phone, you are welcome to call me at 800-555-1212.

Thank you for your time.

Rebecca
~~~~~~~~

I would keep the e-mail as short as possible. There is no reason to drone on and on - people just don't have the time to read those e-mails :)

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1959, RE: Asking for wholesale info
Posted by rebecca676, Thu Nov-05-09 08:04 AM
That sounds pretty good, thank you.
2089, RE: Asking for wholesale info
Posted by blooming, Fri Apr-09-10 09:07 AM
wholesalers are very used to clients emailing them and saying, Hi, I am new , can you give me prices and some help please...
jean info@thebridalbiz.com
2105, RE: Asking for wholesale info
Posted by canuck1, Tue Apr-27-10 05:22 AM

canuck1

Hi Rebecca,
I am a Frameable Metal Greeting Card manufacturer and all we require is that potential clients have a federal ID #, state sales tax number or even just a localbusiness license. If a customer wants to buy from us we try to make their jouney as easy as possible.
Ken
2157, RE: Asking for wholesale info
Posted by nelson81mo, Wed Oct-27-10 07:38 PM
yes, ask for the details and other information you need