Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectGrants?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1927
1927, Grants?
Posted by msawka, Mon Oct-19-09 06:20 AM
Hello,

I started my company last year and have been somewhat successful in continuing to build and grow. My market competition in my general geographic area is non-existent, as far as I can tell and I would like to take advantage and really grow.

I was wondering if anyone has information or advice on grants? I teach manners and etiquette workshops to children and teens and have plans on branching out to the singles (male and female), as well as business professionals from the aspect of improved social skills and general manners. I am getting ready to approach school districts with the hope of introducing my workshops to their students. Someone suggested that I partner with a school to write a grant to gain funding for the school to pay my company for a workshop series. This is a topic that is unfamiliar to me and as I research on my own on the net, I think I am more confused.

Help!!!

Thanks!!!
1928, RE: Grants?
Posted by annalaurabrown, Tue Oct-20-09 01:26 AM
I would talk with someone who has written grants. Otherwise you will find it hard. I've never written them but I've heard they can be hard to do.
1932, RE: Grants?
Posted by hostingdiva, Tue Oct-20-09 06:16 AM
I second what BizResearcher said. Grants for your type of business are just about non-existent. Sorry :(

On the other hand, there are probably grants available for the school although, I do not know that they would be available for etiquette workshops. You should do a search on google or yahoo and just look up grants for public shools or something like that to see what is available. You may find grants that allow the money to be used for whatever the school wants.

Regarding the loan, you could approach your local credit union or the smaller banks in your town. They generally are more willing to work with smaller businesses.

Congrats on your business growth! It's fantastic that you are so successful in this market. Imagine what will happen when the market improves! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2056, RE: Grants?
Posted by Wealth24, Sat Feb-27-10 10:22 AM

Vilmarie Budde

Are you a non for profit if not then I can have someone I know contact you who is familiar with grants but will charge I dont know how much MY email is vbudde@hotmail.com