Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectRE: New Start Up Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1318&mesg_id=1407
1407, RE: New Start Up Business
Posted by DeenaEsq, Thu Jul-10-08 01:56 AM
I agree with the above posters that you NEED to break up that front page(you should have multiple different pages (e.g., about us, faq, privacy policy, terms and conditions, about our service, etc.),the eye is CREEPY and you need to get someone to proofread the page for grammar and spelling mistakes (even your name is misspelled in some places). Also, you have a button to sign up for membership and a form on the page to sign up for membership. You should pick one or make the link jump from the button to the form on the page.

That being said, I'm going to focus on the legal aspect, which is my "thing". LOL!

I don't think your privacy policy and TOS are offering you enough protection. You're missing some key elements, such as an age disclaimer, liability protection from matches, etc. I also think that they contradict each other as to what information you're willing to share with third parties...

Also, you need to make sure that you have copyright disclaimers on each page. If you want to protect your page, you need to make sure you provide adequate notice of its copyright status.

I am assuming that the images are in the public domain or that you have a license to use them.

Let me know if you have other questions...

Deena Burgess, Esq.
www.ebusinesslawgroup.com
Offering Affordable Legal Solutions for the Small Business

Any opinions are offered without knowledge of the specific law of your jurisdiction and with only the limited information provided in your post. No advice given here should be reasonably relied upon by you or any third party without consulting an attorney who is aware of all of the facts and law surrounding your situation. Any advice given here is not intended to creat an attorney-client relationship in any way.