Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectRE: Why is it so hard to sell my products!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1220&mesg_id=1224
1224, RE: Why is it so hard to sell my products!
Posted by Phanntom, Fri Apr-18-08 08:44 AM
Maureen,

Rarely do BIG FISH pioneer products. The let the manufacturer create a market and then they jump in. I could see Lowe's, HomeDepot and Menards carrying these things right at the cash register. I think it's a great product, but even the electric drill had to be sold, and if he were alive, you could ask Henry Ford how difficult it was to sell cars back then.

I certainly wouldn't be afraid to contact buyers at the three I mentioned above. If I were doing it, here's how I would go about it. I'd first get a Menards, Lowe's, and HD hat if they have them. For Lowe's you could order a Jimmy Johnson Lowe's hat. Once I had them in hand, I'd call and find out the buyers name that handles that particular type of product and I'd call them and ask if I could send them a sample to look at. If they say yes, which they probably will, I'd send 2 samples. One loose, and one placed on their hat. I'd send them FedEx overnite so they don't have time to forget the conversation. I'll bet you'll get a callback from each one. I think the hat is important so they can see it in action rather than having to visualize it or see it in a picture.
Good luck
Denny