Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectRE: Minimum needed to sell at a Conference exhibit booth
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1090&mesg_id=1188
1188, RE: Minimum needed to sell at a Conference exhibit booth
Posted by nightsky, Fri Apr-04-08 08:36 AM
You have already received some really good advice. What a few have been alluding to is making sure that you are ready and that you can present your new product well.

Is this the only show that will have your ?perfect customer? at it? If not, and you still have a few things to do to get ready? then you might want to wait until the next one.

If there are not any others coming up soon? then I would suggest that you find someone that can design a nice website for you, while you focus on your product development. I would not spend my time (Especially in the time crunch that you are in) in building a web site that I know nothing about. You want your web site to represent your product well.

If you have everything else on track as far as marketing and you have your product there for people to see and touch? then you might want to have a sign-up sheet for people who are interested. Tell them that you are just introducing this product to the market and your web site is under construction? and that you will send them a link to it just as soon as it is up. That will buy you some more time. People will be patient with you if you just tell them the truth. Plus, it will get a good contact list to market to in the future. If they put their name down on a sheet of paper? they are at least a little interested in your product. I would NOT, however, tell them that they will win something in a drawing if they put their name down. There are professional ?show goers? who fill out everything without even reading what it is. I have even seen people come through with a rubber stamp with their contact info on it and they just stamp and move on. You want good, qualified customers who want your product to fill out their information.

You really don?t even need a brochure. You can get away with a nice 8.5 x 5.5 handout if it is nicely done? and it may be easier for you at this time to do something like that.

My competition has brochures and all the other bells and whistles to dazzle the customer. I have nice, professional handouts and signs (but no bells and whistles) and I stay busy and fly around the country painting my murals, while my competition can barely stay busy? even with all the flashy handouts.

Go for it and good luck. Do we get to hear about your product?

Oh? take come comfortable shoes, some snacks (for you) and some help to relieve you from time to time.

Jeff
www.NightSkyMurals.com
(Dealerships Available)