Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameStartup Stew
Topic subjectAn Idea .....now what?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=119&topic_id=1765&mesg_id=1765
1765, An Idea .....now what?
Posted by beckybee, Mon May-04-09 06:00 PM
I finally had an idea for a product. Now, instead of pushing the idea aside as I normally would, thinking "that's stupid", then seeing someone else successfully selling that product a year or so later, I'm going to run with it as a test drive.

My question is, what do I do now? The first step I would like to do is market research. I know that the user group I'm focused on will always provide a strong market, but how do I find out if MY product would sell, or what people think needs improving?

My product is a new twist on another product that already sells very well all over the world and with several hundreds of online shops.

I'd like to make a few samples (that way, if it flops, I haven't gone broke trying), but who do I ask for opinions/improvements? Do I just post my samples on Ebay and see how they fair? Do I take some samples to a local craft market? Do I take them into work and ask people what they think?

Help.