Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTips & Tricks
Topic subjectDisplaying Clothes
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=118&topic_id=42
42, Displaying Clothes
Posted by Truladie, Fri Jan-19-07 07:21 AM
Does anyone have any idea how clothes supposed to be display in a retail store. I have just opened up a small retail store and I get diffrent types and sizes of clothes in. Right now a lot of customers ask is it a consignment shop because of how I have my clothes displayed. Does anyone have any idea how i could arrange so many different clothes in such different sizes so it does not look like a consignment shop!
43, RE: Displaying Clothes
Posted by iws, Tue Jan-23-07 03:53 PM
http://www.ochashomeshop.com

Go to the nearest large department store and some of your competition's shops. Browse around and take mental notes of how the have their clothing on display. Then, if they are successful, do the same thing adding your twist or unique touch.
45, RE: Displaying Clothes
Posted by somepunk, Mon Mar-12-07 01:36 PM
Mrs. Kelly

I agree with Ocha, look around and see what you like in other stores and boutiques.
I?ve even gone as far as taking a camera, or camera phone, and taken pictures of what I liked. Or I would hurry into my car and sketch what I liked.
That gives you the chance to see what works in action and you can still have it look the way you like it.
46, RE: Displaying Clothes
Posted by Cam, Tue Mar-13-07 02:31 AM
From my shopping experience at other retail stores, I would suggest separating your merchandise by kids, women's, men's or something like that. Then in each section divide the sizes from smallest to largest. That seems to work for big retailers like TJMaxx, Marshall's, and places like that.

Hope this helps!!

Cam
www.hipmamaclub.com
48, RE: Displaying Clothes
Posted by designs, Sun Mar-18-07 10:24 AM
I might be able to help you, email me and I will let you know what I do, I have a bridal shop. laurasformals@aol.com