Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGenX Biz
Topic subjectNeed your opinion ASAP!- Mobile Wedding Biz
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=111&topic_id=70&mesg_id=70
70, Need your opinion ASAP!- Mobile Wedding Biz
Posted by weddingthis, Sun Sep-07-08 05:17 PM
Hi,

I live in a suburb of Houston, TX and I want to start a mobile custom invitation/gift store for weddings/events. We'd come to the clients office, home, local Starbucks etc with samples and customization details. Just think, If you were planning a wedding and still had to work(like most people)and keep up with all your normal daily activities. It seems it would be a real hassle to have to make time in your schedule to visit a store front(most close by 6:00pm). My idea literally brings the store to you. We could meet on lunch breaks, after work hours or whenever it is convenient for the client. We'd require a minimum purchase or a fuel charge if the purchase didn't meet the minimum. I would also provide a website with the items as well(invites, stationary, party favors, etc). The mobility of the store would be awesome for those people who have to "see it, touch it" before they buy it, also I wouldn't have to pay the overhead of a lease space.

The slogan: We're no just local. We're mobile.

Do you think this is a good idea or should I just open a store?