Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameGenX Biz
Topic subjectWhere to go from here?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=111&topic_id=104&mesg_id=104
104, Where to go from here?
Posted by Frenchie, Thu Nov-15-12 11:45 AM
Hello all,
I hope you can help me sort out my brain on this.
I have been designing and making clothes for several years now that I sell online as well as being a contract sewer for a company for a very specific item. There's no creativity involved in the latter but it's my breadwinner right now and it enables me to stay home and be my own boss. Problem is, it's not enough and I'm essentially scraping by. I also didn't foresee it becoming my sole source of income so relied on credit heavily for paying for my supplies which means I have a good amount of debt. Because of the stress, I find it hard to get motivated and therefore waste time that I could be using making the clothing I like and just generally being productive.
I have little to no support from my family and friends with this. My parents think I'm going nowhere and am better off with a "real job" (40hrs a week, office, working for someone with less qualifications than I), and I think my friends think that I'm making lots of money. I also have been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome which means regular work environments and social situations are a little hard for me to handle. I know I have either been fired or haven't gotten a job because of the fact I'm a little different.
So now I'm feeling a little lost. Do I continue with my business and try to expand, even though I'm not sure how? Do I try something else? Should I get part time employment somewhere?
I would love your input on this.