Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTech Talk
Topic subjectMy website not working with all host.
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=110&topic_id=86
86, My website not working with all host.
Posted by eshields1014, Mon Apr-07-08 04:57 AM
I used Sitebuilder to build my site, I was told by others that it does not show up right on fox fire ect... if make it look right on those it will look funny on IE, what to do?
87, RE: My website not working with all host.
Posted by phardytech, Tue Apr-08-08 08:27 AM
Hello,

I recommend that you do what we do when we build websites - create them by hand to not only virtually guarantee compatibility across FireFox, IE and other web browsers, but also maximize site performance (speed).

Regards,

Patrick Hardy

P Hardy Technologies, Inc.
When Retail Profits Count. (SM)
50 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. #400, Uniondale, NY 11553
1-800-896-4022 (phone) 516-342-4825 (fax)

Looking for a 40% or higher increase in profits in 2008?
Visit: www.phardy.com for free articles, compelling case
studies and information on how we can help you.

88, RE: My website not working with all host.
Posted by eshields1014, Tue Apr-08-08 09:02 AM
Well this is my first time, i am paying 20.00 a month and i would really hate to lose all that time in money. How do you build them by your self???
89, RE: My website not working with all host.
Posted by phardytech, Thu Apr-10-08 01:43 AM
Well, as the saying goes: "You get what you pay for."

If you want to create a website on your own by hand, I recommend learning HTML (HyperText Markup Language). You can start by checking out this link:

http://www.w3schools.com/HTML

There are other resources on the Web but the one above is a good start.

Of course, if you don't have time to learn HTML, you can always hire a professional firm who specializes in creating websites by hand.

For example, if you are a retail business, we specialize in helping retail businesses achieve their online sales goals through website creation and improvement, email and search engine marketing solutions.

We also have a newsletter that provides thousands of dollars in free research to anyone who is interested in learning how to create a site that will help them generate the revenue want. If you're interested, visit phardy.com and on the left-hand side of the page towards the bottom, enter your name and email address and I'll make sure you get the research you want.

Having said all that, it is still always good to have at least a *little* working knowledge of HTML.

What type of business do you have?

Regards,

Patrick Hardy

P Hardy Technologies, Inc.
When Retail Profits Count. (SM)
50 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. #400, Uniondale, NY 11553
1-800-896-4022 (phone) 516-342-4825 (fax)

Looking for a 40% or higher increase in profits in 2008?
Visit: www.phardy.com for free articles, compelling case
studies and information on how we can help you.
90, RE: My website not working with all host.
Posted by eshields1014, Thu Apr-10-08 04:27 AM
well thank you but i guess it seems that I will have to just stick with what I have for now!! I dont have time to learn it or the money to pay someone this will do its decent :)
95, RE: My website not working with all host.
Posted by OfficeHelper, Sun Apr-13-08 03:09 AM
If you're looking for a very economical resource (approx $15.00 per month) try: websitetonight.net

You build your site from templates that they provide. You must edit them on a PC, you cannot edit the site from a Mac, however the sites view fine on both.

There is a catch, the templates are very limiting, however they are professional, so this may be what you're looking for. I believe they offer a trial offer so if you're not happy you can walk away. Look into this option.

I do come from the school of thought that you get what you pay for, however I also understand that all businesses have budget constraints that are most often beyond their control. Do the best with the funding that you have, it's worth your investment of time to look around for an alternative solution.

All the Best,

Kimberly Deprey
UpOnOffice.com
96, RE: My website not working with all host.
Posted by HelpMeIT, Sun Apr-13-08 10:12 AM

What is your Website? I can take a look at it and see what is going on with it. I host about 100 domains now and maybe it is just a quick fix. If I can help out.

Thanks
James

www.HelpMeIT.com
97, RE: My website not working with all host.
Posted by eshields1014, Mon Apr-14-08 04:45 AM
www.mydoggietreasures.com
98, RE: My website not working with all host.
Posted by HelpMeIT, Mon Apr-14-08 02:44 PM
Looks like your host is a reseller with tucows register. That is what I found when I looked up some info about your domain. I am thinking your DNS records for your domain at your hosting provider could need some cleaning up.

Also all of your Style sheets point to another domain.
http://www.homestead.com/~media/elements/Text/font_styles_ns4.css

That could slow things down some.

Nothing seems to be on your site. It would be better for you to have your code on yoursite as if you wanted to move your site you could.

If this becomes a problem you might consider a different hosting provider. For your site you should only have to pay about 10 or less a month to host

I am guessing you are out of Portland OR? I am here in Newport
125, RE: My website not working with all host.
Posted by dogatemycompute, Fri Jan-02-09 07:36 AM
>I used Sitebuilder to build my site, I was told by others
>that it does not show up right on fox fire ect... if make it
>look right on those it will look funny on IE, what to do?

Any qualified web designer will check your site using both IE and Firefox. They will also check your site using resolution ranging from 800x600 to 1450x1050.

As a business owner I still pay my girlfriend (a desktop publisher) to help design my marketing material, my mechanic to work on my car and my phone company to route my calls. You wouldn't let these people run your business.. would you? Then why would you think it is a good idea to do their jobs?