Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameTech Talk
Topic subjectOfficejet vs. Laserjet Printers
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=110&topic_id=144
144, Officejet vs. Laserjet Printers
Posted by Kimmyd, Mon Oct-12-09 02:50 PM
I'm in the middle of starting an online invitations business. My current printer just died on me (perfect timing.) I'm looking to find a good printer that can handle photos as well as graphics on heavy card stock. Any reccomendations? I also would like to not have spend a lot on the cartridges.
Kim
156, RE: Officejet vs. Laserjet Printers
Posted by david vogel, Wed Jun-16-10 04:33 AM
Kimberly -

Before spending money on either printer, you will need to do some research. Each model of printer will have a datasheet and specifications.

First, what weight of card stock will you be using? The majority of printers 'choke' on thicker stocks and may have problems feeding the media. Some printers have a rear paper exit that reduces curling and feed problems.

Second, what will you be using this for? Proofs? Finished product? If finished product, take a look at cost per impression and coverage area. This will help you estimate the consumables ( toner cartridges ) you will be using.

If you are planing on using the printer for your finished product you may want to compare your output costs with that of a local print shop or online print shop.

Regards,

David
proactive IT, Inc.